• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A few shrimp questions

EA James

Hi all,

So i bought 8 Amano shrimp a good few months ago from my LFS. All of them were tiny, as time has gone on some have grown to a very good size (Bigger than my Lemon tetra) but some have stayed small. Is this a difference in male to female or are they different shrimp altogether?

One of the Amano's turned out to be a green lace shrimp (although its blue?!!) so its led me to think they could be a different sp.?

IMG_5884.jpg
IMG_5886.jpg
IMG_5894.jpg
IMG_5896.jpg
IMG_5901.jpg

Amanos seemingly have the ability to change color depending on what they eat. So you might find them in clear, reddish brown, green or blue hues depending on their living conditions.

One of my Amano changes to a light green after eating a algae wafers.

The other few Amanos i have don't seem to change colour or not that i noticed anyway.

reddish brown, green or blue hues depending on their living conditions

This is what mine do, all those colours but all living under the same conditions and eating the same diet! Strange, that's why i posted this up as it doesn't make sense

Back