• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A few questions

angelfishguy

Hey all,

I recently started a planted tank again because i missed all the tinkering about thats involved with them.i havent done a scape as such, more so i just put some wood and stones in and some crypts i had from another tank. I dont plan on a proper scape quite yet, i just want to see what i can get to grow first and then work a scape around that. So basicaly its so i can see what i can get to carpet for me lol.

So heres the tank with the crypts and some anubius to be planted
41c83306.jpg

And with the anubius on the wood,
c687fa19.jpg

The tank is about 50ltrs i think and has 4 x11w compact lights(loads of light but each bulb has its own switch so all wont be on at the same time, unless i need them)
The substrate is aqua basis topped with manado and the manado is a pain because its soo light.

So my questions,
1 the anubius isnt tied or glued to the wood, its just wedged onto it, is there any problem with that?
2 what carpet plant do yous think i might have some luck in this tank? Are glosso or hc an option?
3 im using easycarbo and diy tpn+ and waiting to get a regulater/solenoid for pressurised co2 but i dont know what one to get, i had one that had the reg,solenoid and bubble counter but i broke it and they dont sell them on ebay anymore, so could someone reccomend one for me please?

Cheers
Jay.

angelfishguy said:
Hey all,

1 the anubius isnt tied or glued to the wood, its just wedged onto it, is there any problem with that?

If you dont have fishes in it, that can move the anubia, there is no problem. With time it wil "stuck"

angelfishguy said:
2 what carpet plant do yous think i might have some luck in this tank? Are glosso or hc an option?

If you will add co2 yeas glossa or HC is an option.
Mybe you should try with marsilea hirsuta? Than you will have plants that dont need co2?

angelfishguy said:
3 im using easycarbo and diy tpn+ and waiting to get a regulater/solenoid for pressurised co2 but i dont know what one to get, i had one that had the reg,solenoid and bubble counter but i broke it and they dont sell them on ebay anymore, so could someone reccomend one for me please?

For an aquarium like this you can try DIY co2. Or the one frome the "read sea" that is the same like the DIY but the bottle holds more presure, that alouds the "bottle" to "work longer" 🙂

Or the one frome Nutrafin, same stuff, a litle smaller....

Agree with marsilea, I have that in my low tech. E. tennelus is another plant that carpets well with or without co2 but of your using liquid carbon glosso should be ok whilst you search for a reg etc, try the forum sponsor tankscape for reg/solenoid combos.
Whitey is selling a jbl reg and bottle on here but you'd need 25 posts to see the sale thread.
Also pogostomon helferi is a nice carpeting plant too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah tennelus forgot about that! Great plant. A litle higher than marsilea but beautifull. Its a litle red or brown when young 😉

thanks for your answers 🙂

im going high tech in this tank the anubius is only in here short term until i have some luck with with a carpet plant then then wood and crypts will also be going and ill try my hand at a proper scape.

im living in ireland so i doubt ill get the reg posted, i dont need canisters as i have 3 large ones here from when i broke my old reg. im having trouble find a decent one at a decent price,

theres a few cheap ones on ebay

dont think i can change working pressure on these 2
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CO2-regulator-so ... 3a5e701777

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Aquarium-CO2-Sol ... 79179e1082

another one
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Aquarium-CO2-reg ... 3f0c5f4df3

and another
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Co2-Working-Pres ... 2a0d18103c

are any of those any good or are they usless? i really need help picking one out as im abit clueless as to what one to go for, i think i might need one that i can change the working pressure because ill be using the UP atomiser.

please help lol

im thinking maybe the 3rd one. is this alright or should i go for another?

I rly dont know:S But i think, that the cheepest one is not a good idea. I dont trust those for 29€ and I thnink there are other reasons if the other one is more expensive.
This is Co2 and if it leaks it can be dangerous ...

Back