• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Day at the Beach

TYB

Hey

I set up my first real aquascape in late August 2009 and it turned in to a IAPLC entry 2010.
I hope some likes it, not the most advanced scape but it is a start and I hope I have many more to come.

Title: ”A Day at the Beach”
Tank Size: 125 x 50 x 50 cm (49 x 20 x 20 inches)
Volume: 312 l (82,4 usGal)

Flora: Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Eleocharis acicularis, Blyxa japonica, Pogostemon helferi, Taxiphyllum barbieri, Aponogeton crispus”hybrid”, Cryptocoryne crispatula var. Balansae, Microsorum pteropus, Vall. Nana, Anubias barteri var barteri, Glossostigma elatinoides, Echinodorus quadricostatus, Hemianthus micranthemoides

Fauna: Crossocheilus oblongus ”siamensis” (5)(4, one did an Elvis and has left the building), Otocinclus Affinis (6), Pterophyllum scalare "Orinoco"F1 (7), Paracheirodon innesi (20), sp Crystal red (Crystal Red) (8), Neocaridina denticulata sinensis"red" (Red Cherry Shrimp) (12), Apistogramma agassizii ”Red Tail” (Pair)

Hardscape: Redmoor roots and local rocks.

Substrat: DIY (Bauhaus) Gardol Torvmull naturell Sphagnum - 50% (Blomsterlandet) AquaInterior Näckroslera - 25% (Jula) Blästersand - 25%

Lighting: Two (2) x Hagen Glo T5HO with 2 x 54W (2 x Life-GLO - 6700K and 2 x Power-GLO - 18,000K) Photoperiod; 8h/day (Digital timer).

Filtration: JBL CristalProfi e1500 - spray bar

Fertz: Reg. (AquaMagic) EX Fireextingusher 6 liter (Kalmar Brandservice). 2-3 bubblor/s, Aqua Medic Reactor; the JBL CristalProfi e1500, Tropica capsules in the substrate and PMDD (EI).

First picture is from the initial setup.

Lrdag001.jpg

and the rest is a week old soon.

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

Thanks for your Comments :D

TYB

Are you sure you haven't been scaping for years?!? That's a really good scape. :)

Posted with TouchBB on my iPod touch

My first aquascape was”Babysteps of Aquascaping” setup date was 2009-03-03. This was the end result. Thank's for the comments. :D Not been scaping for that long...

Lrdag416.jpg

TYB

I don’t seem to be able to get my ph lower 7 with the Ei method!? The tap water is about 7.4 and Kh 4-5?!

TYB

Thank you Dan, I like the fact that most people seems to like what I done…It mean that I am on the right track.

TYB

The results are in from the IAPLC 2010 and I and “A day at the Beach” got a Wold Ranking of 455 and that was nice for my first try. I was ranked best of all the Swedes!!! This is the money shot…

TYB

IMG_4851.jpg

Back