• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Come back

No luck my friend. How much of the HP would you put? I put around 100ml in my sink which has all my rocks and as it cooled down I could not wash the algae out :/
Hi,
As I previously said I've not tried it myself for this specific task but I would've mixed approximately 2.5l of 3% (perhaps even stronger as it is not being used in the presence of livestock) H2O2 with 20l of water into a 25l tub and left it to soak for a week or so. I'm not sure how much water your sink holds but your mixture sounds to me rather weak, and I'm also unclear what you mean by 'as it cooled down'. H2O2 is used notoriously in the battle with BBA.
I'm sorry what you have done has not satisfactorily worked out for you but the only other options I can think of are either a Glutaraldehyde or bleach soaking.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Heya!!
Yeah I do think I used very low amount of H2O2…I put probably 100ml 😅 I was t sure on the amount BUT on a second attempt, still ongoing, I filled my sink - I think it hold around 50l of water, I put a little CO2 and the remaining 400ml of H2O2 and it is working hehe
I’ll let it soak for a few days and the come back and update you all :)

Hi,
As I previously said I've not tried it myself for this specific task but I would've mixed approximately 2.5l of 3% (perhaps even stronger as it is not being used in the presence of livestock) H2O2 with 20l of water into a 25l tub and left it to soak for a week or so. I'm not sure how much water your sink holds but your mixture sounds to me rather weak, and I'm also unclear what you mean by 'as it cooled down'. H2O2 is used notoriously in the battle with BBA.
I'm sorry what you have done has not satisfactorily worked out for you but the only other options I can think of are either a Glutaraldehyde or bleach soaking.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Update: It has worked BUT not entirely. In the pictures below you see some of the algae still attached which is very tricky to take out BUT it looks like it is dead? Do you think this would not come alive and shrimps or Ottos would eat it out?

Attachments

• IMG_5874.JPG
    IMG_5874.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5875.JPG
    IMG_5875.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
Hey guys!

Update on the tank - I have tried many ways to clean it and did as much as I could at the moment. It seems the very little left is 'dead' (if that's possible).

I think I have found the setup I want. I am thinking of something simple, with some tall plants around the rocks for any fish wanting to hide and then grass around the empty area.

The plants I have in mind around the Dragonstone are:
Staurogyne repens
Alternanthera reineckii 'Pink'
Tropica Lobelia cardinalis Mini
Alternanthera rosaefolia rosanervig
Ranunculus inudatus (maybe)

The plants in the soil only area are:
Echinodorus Harbich
Cryptocoryne x willisii (maybe)
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis

I am still unsure of how to exactly decorate the soil only area, but I think that should be the way. Any ideas please do let me know as I won't start until next week :)

Also, my Juwel 180 has a black box where the filter and heater go yet, I was thinking to remove it so I have a more clean and clear tank. Any suggestions on how I can adapt the filter system? And, if not, any suggestions for a new one that ain't expensive?

Thank you all again!

IMG_6049.JPG
IMG_6047.JPG
IMG_6050.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6048.JPG
    IMG_6048.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 38
Back