• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Bit of Vision

Claire

Hi all! Thought I'd share with you the rescape of my tank!
Tank: Juwel vision 180
Filtration: Unbranded cheapo 1200lph + internal circulation pump on timer with co2
Lighting: Standard juwel twin t5s
Heating: Hydor 300w external
CO2: FE with solenoid
Ferts: All-in-One dosed with peristaltic pump
Substrate: Cat litter
Fish: 12 forktail rainbows, pair of dwarf gouramis, male apistogramma norberti, one BN plec and 9 amano shrimp.
Plants: Blyxa japonica, pogostemon stellata, cryptocoryne balansae, rotala rotundifolia, hydrocotyle sp japan, cryptocoryne beckettii, staurogyne repens, aponogeton crispus red, cyprus helferi, echinodorus compacta, cryptocoryne wendtii tropica and marsilea hirsuta.
Hardscape: Locally collected.

Redid the tank yesterday as it had become quite neglected and was very overgrown.
Here are some pics straight after filling:

20130516_202824_zps958db9e8.jpg

20130516_202846_zps69924c49.jpg

20130516_202901_zpsc1e7055f.jpg

Please excuse the poor image quality and cloudy water - phone camera and a newly filled tank are a bad combination!
I'm still pretty new to scaping etc so any comments/critique are most welcome!
Cheers :)

Yeah I'm constantly thinning out the blyxa from that tank - grows like mad! I have a big handful of it that I couldn't fit in the tank if anyone wants it?!!

Yeah I'm constantly thinning out the blyxa from that tank - grows like mad! I have a big handful of it that I couldn't fit in the tank if anyone wants it?!!

Pop it in the for sale or wanted forum that will get bought in no time :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Quick update on the tank. I'm only in the flat once a week at the moment to do a water change and check on the tank. The feeding is done by automatic feeder, co2 by solenoid on timer and ferts by peristaltic pump.
During water change:
20130611_144257_zps308026e5.jpg
Once refilled:
20130611_145802_zps0220a6fa.jpg
Having issues with what I think is spirogyra algae (long green strands like snotters on everything) and BBA on the substrate. CO2 is up pretty high - about 2/3 bps and lots of flow with powerhead but still having BBA. Think the inline diffuser needs cleaned as don't think anything else could be causing it. The spirogyra is a pain in the ass to be honest. I think a blackout will be the only way to clear it but can't do a 3 day with daily water changes when I'm not there, so just been hoovering as much as possible out each week with WCs.

Back