• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A bit of help please guys with BBA, C02 and ferts

Brilliant. Thanks guys

As for the positioning of the lily pipe inlet and outlet, I suppose fitting them at the front corner facing across the front will be better than at the back corner facing across the back right? That way if I need to add a powerhead, I can fit that in the rear corner kind of out of sight

Brilliant. Thanks guys

As for the positioning of the lily pipe inlet and outlet, I suppose fitting them at the front corner facing across the front will be better than at the back corner facing across the back right? That way if I need to add a powerhead, I can fit that in the rear corner kind of out of sight
Yes, that is the "classic" setup with lily pipes. You don't have a massive hardscape so this setup might work. But your tank is long, so you need to test it out. The challenge is to get enough surface agitation (read the link below for why that is important with CO2) while having sufficient water circulation at the same time, especially near the substrate and carpet plants, and in the places obstructed by the hardscape. You will need to try different placements of the lilly pipe. If this is proving too complicated a power head can save the day.

(from 2hr aquarist)
1643202743717.png

Yes, that is the "classic" setup with lily pipes. You don't have a massive hardscape so this setup might work. But your tank is long, so you need to test it out. The challenge is to get enough surface agitation (read the link below for why that is important with CO2) while having sufficient water circulation at the same time, especially near the substrate and carpet plants, and in the places obstructed by the hardscape. You will need to try different placements of the lilly pipe. If this is proving too complicated a power head can save the day.

(from 2hr aquarist)
View attachment 180780
Thanks bud, I'll put it in place and see where I'm at this weekend

I had exactly the same issue after changing to a stronger light. Exactly same algae. I am still struggling with it after months on slow growers, especially old growth. Cannot get rid of it on s.repens and arm. I cut few arm by the substrate so just the root system was remaining, they are growing back slowly and so far no algae on them, so maybe that's the way to go about it. I will try the same with s. Repens.

Back