• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

96 ppm of CO2, way too much ?

if i reduce the temperature of the tank from 25 to 22, co2 will offgase slower right ?
No. The speed at which the gas escapes is more or less the same. What does change at 22 deg. is that the water will have a higher gas solubility than it does at 25 deg., which is a good thing.
will it be easier to use it ?
No.

Cheers,

I tested KH and PH and checked co2 chart :(

I Have only tested my kH once out of interest as son had a kit, after that I just accept what is is and get on with it. Ignore the kH and pH chart it does more harm than good

I Have only tested my kH once out of interest as son had a kit, after that I just accept what is is and get on with it. Ignore the kH and pH chart it does more harm than good
That's what i'm thinking about, if it was really that high my fish would be on the top

I tested KH and PH and checked co2 chart :(
This chart is only for pure carbonate hardness and CO2 and not really applicable to a fish tank with all the other salts & water contamination, despite many people attempting to use is, as you clearly have.

Best methods are ignore any test kits, the rubbish bin is an excellent place to store them, and either use a pH pen to try and get 1 unit pH drop between CO2 off and CO2 & lights on or use a drop checker.

My preference is a drop checker as the solution is completely isolated from the tank water this only reads CO2 level. Aim for nice green on drop checker when lights come on and stay green for whole lighting period and you can't go wrong with that.

Back