• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90x45x45 with DIY stand, Day 1

easerthegeezer said:
The HK lily pipes are CRAP!!! When setting up mine 2 of the nubs for the suckers broke off, luckily didnt break all the way through just where they are welded on. On the first clean one outlet broke in half where the nub broke off.
Buy cheap = buy twice.
Stick to running 2 filters if i were you, just use the standard outlets for now. As soon as APF get some more gush ones i will be swopping all mine out.

Dammit I ordered an outflow from hk on Tuesday.

easerthegeezer said:
The HK lily pipes are CRAP!!! When setting up mine 2 of the nubs for the suckers broke off, luckily didnt break all the way through just where they are welded on. On the first clean one outlet broke in half where the nub broke off.
Buy cheap = buy twice.
Stick to running 2 filters if i were you, just use the standard outlets for now. As soon as APF get some more gush ones i will be swopping all mine out.

I really don't understand why no mainstream company is making acrylic lily pipes or similar, wish i owned a business, they'd fly off the shelves. I don't know whether i'd get away with the lilys now at all i think i'd be cringing every time i clean them and the mrs is scared the cats might knock them off and hurt themselves.

Maybe time to diy some...

easerthegeezer said:
Buy cheap = buy twice.

I've had mine for 3 years now without problems! The only problem I've had with 'em was when I dropped it into the sink when cleaning :rolleyes: But if you want quality I can recommend CAL aqualabs!!! :thumbup:

easerthegeezer said:
Buy cheap = buy twice.

Sorry to hikack the topic but have you had any experience with FLO glassware ?

I ordered some Flo lily pipes and they never showed up. I think Tankscape do them too. They call their own brand Flo anyway.

In the end I went with the gUSH pipes and am very happy with them. I've yet to get to cleaning them but I'll post when I have, assuming I still have fingers to type with!

(I added a little olive oil to the ends when attaching. I'm hoping that will help at cleaning time).

pariahrob said:
I ordered some Flo lily pipes and they never showed up. I think Tankscape do them too. They call their own brand Flo anyway.

In the end I went with the gUSH pipes and am very happy with them. I've yet to get to cleaning them but I'll post when I have, assuming I still have fingers to type with!

(I added a little olive oil to the ends when attaching. I'm hoping that will help at cleaning time).

Rob, I wondered about using oil of some sort, but was not sure if that would cause the tube to slip off the glass and give me an unwanted bath ! :lol: I also read about someone using plastic jubilee clips to secure the tube but that scared the cr4p outta me. Jubilee clips around fragile glass !? Where did you order your gUSH stuff from ? Cheers.

Yeah i too had an accident with my HK glass flow pipes. Again, it was the sucker nub part that just snapped off. Fitted the outflow sucker fine but like its already been mentioned,the nub seemed too big for the sucker hole and i managed to snap it. Still, i recommend them lol and bought another set of 9mm for my next tank!

Looking forward to seeing this tank progress,im a sucker for ADA style cabinets lol

Back