• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90p before I took it all apart :(

Alex Papp

as you can see some bad hair algae but I was getting it under control

Attachments

• DSC_0105.JPG
    DSC_0105.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 353
  • DSC_0107.JPG
    DSC_0107.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0104.JPG
    DSC_0104.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 264
Two Twinstar 900s? Seems like a lot of light, that's likely contributing to the hair algae issue. Looks like the carpet was doing well.
I have Two Twinstars S Series on a 90u which is a bit taller and deeper tank. I like the dual lights as they give better spread and the per-cent of light can be controlled with a third-party timer/dimmer.

Two Twinstar 900s? Seems like a lot of light, that's likely contributing to the hair algae issue. Looks like the carpet was doing well.
it is about the same as a ADA solar rgb, as long as the balance is right, it is better than one. the carpet extends all the way to the back so it was imporant to have high light there too. but it takes some fine tuning to achieve that haha
I have Two Twinstars S Series on a 90u which is a bit taller and deeper tank. I like the dual lights as they give better spread and the per-cent of light can be controlled with a third-party timer/dimmer.
yep, agreed, the light spread is better and my carpet is denser too

ludwigia white very pretty! i am converting some right now.

Nice fish choice. Can i ask what the black line species is? It's a new one on me but looks stunning.

Nice fish choice. Can i ask what the black line species is? It's a new one on me but looks stunning.
It's a relatively new fish in the trade, Hyphessobrycon sp. blue ribbon. As you can see in the tank photos the males get bright red fins, this photo is of a female I think...
I added a photo of a male too.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    981.7 KB · Views: 168
  • hyphessobrycon sp.png
    hyphessobrycon sp.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 144
  • hyphessobrycon sp 2.png
    hyphessobrycon sp 2.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited: