• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90cm tank - two filter tank output arrangement

Staticrzr

I'm going to upgrade from my 60cm tank to a 90 x 40 x 40 tank. I am curently running a eheim experience 250 filter for my tank trough a lily pipe outflow. I'm currently pumping co2 trough a tropica 3in1 diffuser.

What Eheim model should i be buying? What kind of arrangement for the inflow and outflow pipes should i be using?

Thanks.

From my research on here and other places it seem the consensus is enough filtration to turn over the water in the tank 10x per hour. I am not sure the volume of water you will have in your tank. Find a the model of eheim that will meet or better yet exceed that requirement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

no any ideeas?

Hi,

I'm guessing the lack of response may be due to this question being asked so many times and the information is already out there on the forums for you to find. If you are going high tech, you could try this thread in the tutorials which covers filtration:

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/setting-up-a-higher-tech-planted-tank.1275/

There is also an entire forum dedicated to filtratation here:

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/forums/filters-filtration-and-pumps.38/

The 10x turnover is a good rule of thumb, but can be achieved with the assistance of powerheads, it does not all have to come from your filter.

For my 75x45x45cm tank I use 2 externals. One Eheim 2217 and one Sun Sun 302, both 1000lph.
The inlets are on opposite ends of the tank towards the middle/front. Outlets are spray bars along the back. 2217 has only a single section of spraybar pointing towards the front centre of the glass, with less media and my inline co2 atomizer is fitted on it. The SunSun has most of my media with two piece spraybar also mounted on the back glass with one section pointing front centre and other one a bit upwards to make the water surface gently ripple

Back