• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90cm lights for 12mm glass?

RPackman

I’m planning to try high tech for the first time. I have been low tech with liquid CO2 and fertilisers for 12 years now, and finally in a place where I can get the dream tank. I’m getting a 90cm aquaV scaper with 12mm glass, and I would prefer a low profile light that fits over the rim, but cannot seem to find anything in 12mm size. Everything seems designed for 10mm size glass. Has anyone had the same issue and found a solution?

I’m planning to try high tech for the first time. I have been low tech with liquid CO2 and fertilisers for 12 years now, and finally in a place where I can get the dream tank. I’m getting a 90cm aquaV scaper with 12mm glass, and I would prefer a low profile light that fits over the rim, but cannot seem to find anything in 12mm size. Everything seems designed for 10mm size glass. Has anyone had the same issue and found a solution?
Pretty sure twinstar lights fit 12mm glass!

The Twinstar SA is listed as fitting up to 12mm glass on one site, but all the others say 10mm.

Stock of any lights also seem very limited at the moment and probably needs importing from abroad.

The Twinstar SA is listed as fitting up to 12mm glass on one site, but all the others say 10mm.

Stock of any lights also seem very limited at the moment and probably needs importing from abroad.
I know horizon are using the version 3 on their waterbox tank which is 12mm I believe.. that's the 120cm version but shouldn't matter I wouldn't have thought. Could always message them and get a definite answer :)

The 900SA version 3 will fit.

Yes, Riverwood Aquatics and Horizon both say it will fit. I think I was getting confused between the version 2 which goes to 10mm and the version 3 which goes to 12mm. Has anyone had any experience with Riverwood Aquatics as they seem to be the only people who have it in stock.

The other option that looks like it will fit is Chihiros WRGB 2 900 which looks pretty good too. I now have a decision to make! The app control of this light is a nice feature, and it is a bit cheaper, but does that make it worse?

Yes, Riverwood Aquatics and Horizon both say it will fit. I think I was getting confused between the version 2 which goes to 10mm and the version 3 which goes to 12mm. Has anyone had any experience with Riverwood Aquatics as they seem to be the only people who have it in stock.

The other option that looks like it will fit is Chihiros WRGB 2 900 which looks pretty good too. I now have a decision to make! The app control of this light is a nice feature, and it is a bit cheaper, but does that make it worse?
I run the WRGB 90CM with acrylic stands but mines 10mm glass..I think they'd still fit 12mm and the legs supplied I'd say definitely will..I was torn between this and the twinstar but opted for chihiros as it has more power and can set it to your own preference with the app control

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_183643.jpg
    IMG_20210503_183643.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107

Riverwood is a good shop, and the wrgb is also a good light.

Back