• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90 cm fresh start. Thread finished.

Hi folks small update, fresh starts not looking so fresh now :lol: combination of factors but it would be easier to list the algae I don't see rather than the types I do :) thank ukaps I have the tools to keep it in check.
I phone pic
9109121357_f39cea1036.jpg

Lately it's been a grind but will get there, who ever said bigger tanks are easier should be shot :lol: give me a nano anyday.

Few changes to this scape lighting has been suspended to assist in getting on top of some algae issues.
9223081897_416fb5da21.jpg

Also a few changes/additions to the planting glosso has gone and has been replaced with eleocharis parvula added a mayaca species at the back left to replace the rotala as I've not tried this plant before, also added some lilaeopsis and a few crypts to the mid ground area plus some bolbitus.
9223073985_05bc185f29.jpg

Will be fitting an up atomiser tomorrow as I have a few days off coming up to keep an eye on co2 changes still got a bit of bba on the wood not able to spot dose due to it being in amongst the moss so scrubbing and siphoning time.
Thanks for looking in :)

Its looking good, ive been following this tank, the lilaeopsis could work well my lilaeopsis brasiliensis is growing like mad, will continue to watch with interest :)

Reactions: tim
Hi folks small update, fresh starts not looking so fresh now :lol: ....
9109121357_f39cea1036.jpg

I am afraid i have to disagree with you on that. That's looking lovely Tim. It's going to look wonderful once it settles in especially once you've got your rotalas in there at the rear left area. With all the corrections made with respect to lighting & co2 issues,...i am very sure it's just a matter of time before it's true beauty will be appreciated in full. .:)

your hardscape is really promising.

i hope you will not mind if a say a few words about your scape.

with this type of woods you can create a center layout too.you just need 1 more layout balancing wood to make a center scape.

if you want to go with this setup then if you wish you can do few changes.you can add 1 more wood from junction of 2 woods which are going upwards direction.this face of new wood will be left corner upward position of your tank.

if you see this image you'll clearly understand what i am saying.
6PCHZQ7.jpg

I am afraid i have to disagree with you on that. That's looking lovely Tim. It's going to look wonderful once it settles in especially once you've got your rotalas in there at the rear left area. With all the corrections made with respect to lighting & co2 issues,...i am very sure it's just a matter of time before it's true beauty will be appreciated in full. .:)
That's why the pic wasn't a close up mate you'd see the bba, bga, staghorn and diatoms :lol:
your hardscape is really promising.

i hope you will not mind if a say a few words about your scape.

with this type of woods you can create a center layout too.you just need 1 more layout balancing wood to make a center scape.

if you want to go with this setup then if you wish you can do few changes.you can add 1 more wood from junction of 2 woods which are going upwards direction.this face of new wood will be left corner upward position of your tank.

if you see this image you'll clearly understand what i am saying.
6PCHZQ7.jpg
Hi mate, thanks for the comments, you have a very valid point more wood added to the left would maybe add more balance to the scape unfortunately moving the pieces you highlighted in black wouldn't be possible as its 2 bits joined together, I may see if I can find a piece to add to the left :)

Updated fts couple of weeks after swapping glosso for parvula
9344287183_6a0de17f8b.jpg

Algae issues becoming manageable just not making great progress shifting the bba on the wood tried spot dosing with liquid carbon but it seems to kill off the moss quicker than the bba :lol: maybe will just have to live with it, it's not spreading now the lights have been raised, trimmed back the stems today, mayaca grows like wildfire should be back at the top of the tank in a couple of weeks.
Cheers for looking :)

Looking better now. Moss doesn't like liquid carbon overdose, but it should grow back if it's not completely wiped out.

What a change, looks great, what is the rock youve used ? And whats the plant front right hand side of the picture ? Blyxa ?

Mark

Thanks mark :) it's dragon stone from aqua essentials ordered it with an iwagumi in mind but I think I would get bored quickly in a tank this size ( plus I can't grow hc :lol: ) yes it's blyxa on the right and some on the left I grew loads in the first scape I did in this tank then it melted all bar a couple of stems when I switched to spray bars, it's bouncing back though.

That dragon stone looks great not the usual colour or maybe thats just your lighting, the blyxa looks great ive got it right on the top of my plant list for my next tank

Back