• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

80x35x45 back to the begining stages!

Westyggx

Hi All,

I have decided to purchase a new opti white tank from Posidons the dimensions are 80cm by 35 by 45. I dont even have the tank yet (4 week wait) however i wanted to begin my journal and put down my ideas etc.

I want to use Dragon Stone for the hardscape and the substrate i will be using is Florabase, i plan on banking up on back left and back right (anyone have any tips on how to acheive the height without it falling?).

Some insperation pics that i want to go off.

Main_Photo.jpg

Primeraley this scape is what i want to go off and make it my own.

4177581404_91d5dc175b.jpg

4176824553_c784a852ab.jpg

4176825821_3d920117d9.jpg

Thanks for looking, tips on plants etc greatly apreciated.

Re: 80x35x45 Opti White - The Planning Stage

check out stu's manzi scape for tips on creating a slope, just use tights filled with gravel or similar.or use plastic cut up and inserted into the substrate to form barriers against slippage

darren636 said:
check out stu's manzi scape for tips on creating a slope, just use tights filled with gravel or similar.or use plastic cut up and inserted into the substrate to form barriers against slippage

Thanks for the tip Darren i'll take a look at Stu's again. I have some of that cororgated card from TGM i could use.

reckon you got it sussed :thumbup:

Love that scape. Who gets credits for that ?

80x35x45 Opti White - The Planning Stage

Not sure mate could find you the link it's on ukaps somewhere though.

Just received my top up ferts and new gush drop checker

b022bf2e-9b47-a1d3.jpg

i am very interested in your tank delivery. Really fancy a float glass, shallow tank from poseidons.

Alistair has ordered a shallow tank as well mate we placed the order to save money on delivery.

liking the drop checker, where did you get it from?

Aquarium plant food mate! Defo worth the money looks nice an smart!

Lovin it! Is that actually your hard scape with the dragon rock or an inspiration? Either way it's pretty amazing

I use cut up plastic plant pots to hold a slope the bend in them helps I think!!

Eboeagles said:
Lovin it! Is that actually your hard scape with the dragon rock or an inspiration? Either way it's pretty amazing

I use cut up plastic plant pots to hold a slope the bend in them helps I think!!

Haha no its inspiration mate I will be doing something similar though!

Well if you can match that I'll be following for sure...

Alastair said:
Westyggx said:
Alistair has ordered a shallow tank as well mate we placed the order to save money on delivery.

Very shallow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a baking trap ? Did you change your mind on the APS rig mate?

Re: hardscape

You have totally nailed the placement of those rocks. Well done.

Guys please note that the images above are inspiration only and not my work. Cheers

Westyggx said:
Guys please note that the images above are inspiration only and not my work. Cheers

doh.

Sorry saw the first one and thought the second set were you making the rock layout :).

Whom ever that was.....nailed it. 8)

As i'm sure you will too.

I have been reading Nature World book 1 and i am straying to wanting to use Petrified wood instead of Dragon stone.. thoughts?

Cheers

Westyggx said:
I have been reading Nature World book 1 and i am straying to wanting to use Petrified wood instead of Dragon stone.. thoughts?

Cheers

I've not used Petrified wood but i've used Dragon stone and find it quite messy. I think petrified stone would be better for not effecting the water parameters too.

I've not used it yet as I've yet to find a decent, affordable source in the UK (although i've not looked recently).

Best regards,
John

Back