• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

700l labour of love

Stan510

For the Alternanthera ,they seem to really like Potassium just as much if not more than Iron glutamate. Good looking aquarium with the red stand and boo shades is it an Asian theme? I don't see many fishes but the Algae eaters.
Good luck you have so much room to work with too.

KirstyF

For the Alternanthera ,they seem to really like Potassium just as much if not more than Iron glutamate.

Let’s hope so 👍😊

Good looking aquarium with the red stand and boo shades is it an Asian theme? I don't see many fishes but the Algae eaters.

Nah, I just like the colour. It’s kinda orangey red and I have a very old beaten up, orange Chesterfield style sofa, so it works for me.

Fish are SAE’s and Ottos (clean up) cardinal tetra and CPD’s ‘cos they’re pretty (CPD’s are proving to be fun little characters too) not completely decided on what else yet.

Good luck you have so much room to work with too.

oh dang. I currently have "I want a bigger one-itus" and this isn't helping.

very nice wish i had the space.

The trick is you buy a house to fit ur aquarium rather than an aquarium to fit your house!!😂

Bit of a family joke - I had very specific ‘must be able to fit a 7ft aquarium’ criteria when I bought the house 2yrs ago. (Nothing like getting your priorities right eh!! 👍)

Then I just had to save for a couple more years to buy the aquarium to go in it. 😂

KirstyF

8 weeks, nearly! Early post as I’m away for a couple of days.

Alternanthera new leaves seem to be doing ok and I’ll continue to nip off the older damaged ones a little at a time I think.

56622191-E81A-46F1-AF8E-F96899D3A07B.jpeg

Existing GSA is not showing signs of improvement although it’s only been 5 days since increasing Po4 to 8ppm.

C8936782-862D-4354-9A81-6D8C59DBBCDB.jpeg

Having had a really good nose around, the GSA does seem to be effecting old Althernanthera growth and Anubias pretty much exclusively and is worse where exposed to higher light. (Albeit only at 40/50%)

The Anubias in the image is far and away the worst, and in the brightest location, so I think I will find it a new shadier home, drop the light just a smidge on that side, keep nipping away at the Alternanthera, and we’ll see how the Po4 deals with the remaining spots I have here and there.

I believe a Po4 ‘bath’ can also help with stubborn areas so that’s in the toolkit, but will see how we get on for a couple of weeks first.

Good growth on the stems so I’ve topped and re-planted a few. Will let the bottoms branch/re-grow for now. The fish are happy playing in them and I’d rather keep the biomass, so I’ll wait til I’ve ‘doubled down’ a little more before pulling any out.

The tank is definitely filling out now (the pinnifitada is going bonkers) and I’m pretty happy with how the right 2/3rds is coming along.

The left is still a little ‘bare’. Need to get round to having another go at that Monte Carlo on some of the rocks (epiphyte) as well as some more moss on the lighter stones. I think this will help to bring it together better. The Vals will help once they get going too.

Loving the colour coming through on this little flamingo. 😊

3FB1BCF0-33A9-454F-A904-3E74A9838639.jpeg

The CPD’s are just a joy. Still virtually no shoaling behaviour but little groups darting about all over and fascinating to watch.

A few tank shots to finish off.

64AEA44E-C7E4-4518-A07B-7724A6946427.jpeg
0F67A70B-CE86-4250-874A-1A43FF39BA51.jpeg
99DEEA99-8BF6-4BA6-99A5-EEEBA5455DDE.jpeg
F590B3A5-CBC2-4EE8-A11B-13E6D653C577.jpeg