• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hello,my first post on here but I have been lurking and learning from here for over a couple of years.
This is my journal...

Aquarium

Clearseal tank 100l

Lighting

2 x 39w HO t5's 1 x 6500k osram and 1 x grolux overhead luminaire

Filter and flow
all pond solutions 1000ef and hydor powerhead

Decor
Baltic rock from aqua essentials

substrate
12kg fluval stratum

Flora

Hydrocotyle tripartita,Hemianthus callitrichoides,Staurogyne rubescens

fauna
rummy nose tetras,cardinal tetras,midnight neons,otocinclus,siamese algae eaters,amano shrimp and cherry shrimp.

Co2 and dosing
Pressurised co2 using a single reg and solonoid from co2art attached to a fire extinguisher with a crystal atomiser from aqua essentials and a dropchecker to monitor co2,co2 comes on 1 hour before lights and off 30mins before they go off.

Dosing 7ml of neutro+ from aqua essentials daily and doing a w/c of 40-50% weekly was doing this daily for the first two weeks.

Temperature
25c

pics to follow soon.....

a3anu8an.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Welcome James! Sounds like you are really well-prepared.

The arrangement becomes too one-dimensional in my view. The stones are all in one line, at least that's how it looks in the photo. While you have created some good dynamism with stones pointing in different directions, I would try to move some more to the front and some to the back. I would also leave some more open space in the sides, i.e. placing the outer stones in new locations.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas I did try it like you said at first but my tank is too narrow and opted for this layout.

little video from day 42,just after I had a battle with algae which appeared after I had upped the photo period up to seven and a half hours from six,algae is almost gone now after doing lots of water changes and dosing neutro co2 and went back to just six hours of light, but it is still visible on the rocks which I like as it appears more natural.

Plant health looks fabulous. Can't help but notice all the unused space in the upper half of the tank though. Maybe some stems at the back to soften the transition?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Thanks,I have often thought of adding some stems to the back,like pogostemon erectus or something then change my mind opting for simplistic look.:crazy:

qy5uny2a.jpg

Quick update...
Added some japicona blyxa behind the rocks.Slightly neglected this tank whilst currently working on a new set up but managed to give it a good trim and clean just before taking this picture.

Attachments

• qy5uny2a.jpg
    qy5uny2a.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 183
Back