• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

6ft tank, acrylc manufacturers, who/where?

Yes, I think I know who they are. I had the same. The reason is those guys only make massive aquariums for rich people and public aquaria, they don't want to really bother with us minions.

Ha ha yes that's the impression I got. There wasnt even a hello on the email just a price starts from 12k and 40mm thickness. I replied back saying how exoensive that was and they did like you say explain they usually only make tanks for zoo's and very large builds and the acrylic they use is of a higher quality. ......hmmmm!
Its hard work looking for acrylic tanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Can't get anything apart from a picture from that youtube link Alistair.

Ahhh, sorted it, you're on mobile version, I'm on desktop, they don't like each other.

Hopefully this link will change it from just a picture

Yes I saw some vids of a guy in India making his own. I would make small ones to practice on, work out the technique before doing anything approaching what you really want. I think it is possible, but its a lot of water if it goes wrong :eek:

Ive got a few months to maybe try giving it a bash in a smaller scale say a little 60cm and price up how much materials would be for the scale tank id need.
If fista arent comfortable doing anything over 4ft square alone not sure id stand a chance.

I'm going to do one some day ..... just done a quick search on acrylic sheets to see prices .... or is there special acrylic for doing tanks?

20mm Clear Acrylic Sheet

Some people use cell cast acrylic and one company said you can use standard acrylic when you start getting into the bigger tanks you need a 'g' grade material what ever that means.

yeah the video does makes it look easy enough (although it probably aint). I would be interested to see what people can get the acrylic for. would also like to see a member here do a journal on making one, I would try it but when I told the missus, the idea was soon rejected. :banghead:

yeah the video does makes it look easy enough (although it probably aint). I would be interested to see what people can get the acrylic for. would also like to see a member here do a journal on making one, I would try it but when I told the missus, the idea was soon rejected. :banghead:

Im going to test out a small tank build and currently pricing up some 25mm thick sheets as myself and aron off here are going to give a 1300x1300x700mm a go

Back