• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

65L Skeleton coast

nico

Hi 😀

here is another new tank , 60*30*36 , 65L , plantation is not finished yet , i need to put some moss on the wood ans also a bit on the stones , at the separation between sand and stones and here and there between the stones . on the background there will be mainly vallisneria nana , some tenellus , a bit of crypto wendtii green and maybe some ludwigia arcuata needle leef , only a bit placed using the golden ratio (roughly at the end of the path) , so it is quite not finished yet , water is still milky , sorry for the bad quality of the picture 😉

65lskeletoncoast5.jpg

I really like that angular rock. What is the grass-like plant that you have in there already?

Hi,

Can you give some info on the rock type and substrate mix?

Best Regards,
John

Thank you for your comments 😀

Chilled84 , at this point there is only vallisneria nana and tenellus in the tank , soon i'll put some moss on the hardscape , crypto wendtii green and maybe some ludwigia arcuata needle leaf on the back 😉

Vito , Jase , Hydrophyte , Hijac , the rock is coming from a mountain next to my place , i like it's angular shape , it makes very nice clair/obscur contrasts 🙂

Hijac , substrate is ASII , PowerSand , TourmalineBC , Clear-super , Bacter100 (ADA is very cheap in Japan) , some of the PowerSand came back up to the surface as i used this soil for a while 😉

Hydrophyte , the grass-like plant is echinodorus tenellus , i like this plant and use it in all of my tanks recently 😀 😉

I really like the hardscape but I'm reserving judgement till I see it grown in as I'm having trouble visualising how it'll all come together. If any of your other scapes are anything to go by it'll be stunning.

Thank you 😀

i added some stem plants as i am worried i am a bit worried about algaes , still , there is no problem yet 🙂
i added some red plants , but not too flashy ones , i'll keep them untill other plants grow enough then i'll remove them . new plants are hygrophila sp and ludvigia arcuata narroe leaf

65lskeletoncoast8.jpg

some updates of this tank , it is running kind of low-tech , 18W (0,3W/Liter) , co2 1b/3sec , nearly no ferts .
i still have to put some moss on the foreground behind the stones on the sand , had no time to take care of this yet 😉

65lskeletoncoast15.jpg

I swear there is a dead fish [or maybe a live white lyre tail mollie] in the top left hand corner :?: Love the tank though!!!!!!!
65lskeletoncoast8.jpg

Nico, this set up is making wonder whether i should use my manzi wood in my new 120, just to add a flavour 😀 again, you inspire me.

Saintly , if you have enough wood to make something with a good balance , it might definitly work , but that also might mean to rethink the rock part to integrate the wood , if you can do it without changing the central part which is great the way it is, that would do it 😉

tropic_john , that is not a dead fish 😀 that's my daughter's fish , he is called "shiro" , it's a Orizias Latipes var. he is moving from tank to tank, some kind of homeless as i can't seem to find a lay-out in which he would fit ...and i can't get rid of it either 😀 😉

im really liking the look and id happily buy some of that rock off you :lol:
one thing IMO is(i know your better at this stuff than me but i thought id just say,) Maybe some more reddish plans would look nice in the background?i know youve already got some but i just think although it looks amazing as it is more red to green contrast might look nice. But dont take my word for it straight off, i wonder what others would say

Very very nice, I can't wait to see those stems bush out in your trade mark manner. Inspirational I want to get my 60cm back up and running already!

Neelhound , i am still wondering about what to do with the red stem plants in this tank , i dont know if they will stay or not , as the tank is turning nearly low tech (18W/65L , co2 1bp3s , ferts at water changes only ...) the red plants have some hard time to take a nice coloration , if they dont turn to a nice flashy red i'll remove them , even though you are right as the red would contrast nicely with the green 😉

here is the tank , the stem part is to bushy at its base , i'll trim it soon , at this point i still want to keep as much stem plants as i can as i still fear algaes .
moss has been recently added , need to grow 😀 😉

65skeletoncoast16.jpg

65lskeletoncoast17.jpg

i finally added some fishes , those are lampeye , still very small 😀

65lskeletoncoasteyelamp.jpg

65lskeletoncoastlampeye.jpg

Back