• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60x30x30 Black Rock Landscape

TOO said:
Hi,
A comment on your scape: personally I would prefer the stones to be placed on their "natural" side, that is, not standing erect as many of them do. I know Amano sometimes uses this approach (e.g. with Unzan stone), but generally I prefer the more natural placement. But this is a matter of taste of course.
Thomas

I know what you mean. The problem with using rounded beach rocks is that it is difficult to get that natural 'miniature landscape' look, which is what Amano sometimes aims for. Cliffs in real life are simply not this round and smooth and even the rocks I have used here lack details enough to look like 'natural' miniatures. Upon realizing this, my goal for the aesthetics changed; I no longer attempted to make it look like a 'real' landscape, but rather a natural and stylized looking unreal one. This also allowed me to use the height in the aquarium more fully.

Also, there are some pretty extreme rock formations out there in the real world for example the area of Zhangjiajie in China :)

Everything is running well. There has been one tiny bit of thread algae, but it has not reappeared after being removed manually. I run lights for three hours on, two hours off, and four hours on. Both the grass and the glossostigma is doing very well. When replanting I could see that they are both making growing root systems and runners. during the photoperiod, all plants are pearling like crazy. I add ½ ml of Tropica liquid fertilizer per day.

Some better pictures:
Xh32O.jpg

-
ZSzd7.jpg

-
5R4xi.jpg

-
3CyFT.jpg

-
Ph31X.jpg

Rocks look different but very cool. The dark colourations of the stone hold the brightness of the grass very very well. Nice one

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back