• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60x20x20

tim

Hi folks, thought I'd get a journal up for my latest scape in my shallow tank, specs 60x20x20 clearseal tank, cristalprofi 700 with gush glassware, co2 via a co2 art atomiser, boyu light unit, hardscape mini landscape rock and manzi.
Hardscape
13736946513_5c96e8970b_c.jpg

Moss tied to manzi and some moss stones added
13740976863_0efd1ce68a_c.jpg

Added in the ehiem skim to catch all the crap from reused Colombo substrate, hour later water had cleared a little so replanted rotala and added the buces from another scape, not sure on the rest of the plants yet will update with a full list when it's finished.
13740980203_ab5c1cc5eb_c.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Oooh gonna try ug. Have you used it before??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tim

Nice tim, good job with the manzinita, like the way the right branch reaches up to the surface then drops down. Has a nice flow about. I have no idea what's going on with my posts,this evening. They double......or completely disappear:D

Nice tim, good job with the manzinita, like the way the right branch reaches up to the surface then drops down. Has a nice flow about. I have no idea what's going on with my posts,this evening. They double......or completely disappear:D
Thanks mate, tried the scape without the wood but it just lacked height, posting from the phone makes you pull your hair out sometimes :lol: I liked them both just in case it reappears :lol:

Lfs didn't manage to get ug in today, so 2 pots ordered from aqua essentials and a pot of ammania sp bonsai not tried this one before and read lots of threads where it struggled, may be setting myself up for another massive fail with this scape but nothing ventured nothing gained :lol: I reserve the right to tear this one down as quickly as it went up :)

I really hope you can get these two growing well mate, they are both lovely plants, I have every faith in you and no pressure ;)

Wouldn't complain :) but seriously, you have a challenging plant list and I wish you the best of luck!

Hi folks, planted this up few pics to update the journal :)
Ug split for planting
13796008085_e15d7cdb36_c.jpg

Turned tank lights on to drain for planting and encountered the worst case of wood fungus I've ever had
13796344844_d3f43c4c06_c.jpg

Grabbed my trusty artists paint brush, brushed as much off as possible and syphoned out, I'll carry on daily water changes until it's gone.
Ready to plant
13796019943_d220fe70ea_c.jpg

Half a pot of amania bonsai prepped
13796019585_b6b13db23f_c.jpg

Planted and refilled, bits of ug everywhere :) so in with the ehiem skim for half hour and waterchange, job done for now.
13796354794_089ff6657d_c.jpg

Already noticed I may not have banked the substrate high enough where the ug is planted but I'm going to see if it fills in then possibly uproot, address that issue and replant so I don't think I'll consider shrimp for a long while yet, co2s on high (yellow dc) lights low just 1 14w tube 40cm above the surface.
That's all for now thanks for looking :)

Back