• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P Variations

Thanks. Yes, that has been my own experience also on previous occasions. I have found it a good practice not to divide the plants to too little portions at the start.

But I have also read about other people’s experiences of complete melting of in-vitro pinnatifida on the first days of a new scape.

When I first started the filter the outflow was too deep and too near the substrate in the back. Result was uprooted plants and moved soil. I don’t have a good alternative in my reserves at the moment. So I have filter foam piece as a “muffler” on the outflow as a temporary fix. This obviously ruins the inline CO2 distribution.
Hi,
Could you not temporarily move the outlet to the front and and direct it across the front of the tank where the plant growth is lower, by the time it has circulated round the back it should have calmed down a bit. You can then return it to your ideal location once the stems have gained a bit of muscle?
But I have also read about other people’s experiences of complete melting of in-vitro pinnatifida on the first days of a new scape.
This can happen to quite a few different species, George Farmer candidly revealed that several types were lost in the initial stages on one of Tropica's Youtube vids, when they were preparing show tanks at their laboratory.

Yes, thought of that too. That would be another temporary fix. The space between the wall and the tubes is tight and I didn’t want to get through that hassle. I wish I can find a more long term solution for this.

Back