• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - The Shimmering of Light

Thanks Rodoselada ;)

Jaap, it spreads like hell if you trim it often.
From time to time, I have to "tie it back onto the wood" with a small piece of thread.

Last edited:
Ahoi UKAPS :thumbup:

Tank is still running... thought it would be a good idea to provide some new "different" shots of the tank this time:

Om nom nom:
IMG_1978_zps7b331735.jpg

Food, food? Where's the food?!:
IMG_1982_zps99c94dc9.jpg

Snaaaails!:
IMG_1985_zps0bcdcf42.jpg

A dream in moss:
IMG_1987_zps92c9f549.jpg

Bubble Bath:
IMG_1988_zps045f849d.jpg

Mirror mirror on the wall:
IMG_1991_zpsdad37209.jpg

Into the wild:
IMG_1992_zpsbdbd9a47.jpg

Hope you like it ;)

Cheers,
Chris

Still looks amazing. Forgive me if you've already covered this in the thread. Can I ask what your CO2 injection rate and estimated filter turnover is? Your tank is a real inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@sonicninja: I'm using a Tetratec Ex600 Plus with a turnover rate of round about 7-8l/h with the inline atomizer attached.
The filter is almost empty, as I'm using only a filter floss pad and the rough filter pad.

CO2 injection rate is round about 3-4bubbles per second, but I'm not quite sure as I tried to focus on the pH drop.
CO2 injection starts 2 hours before the lights turn on and turn off one hour before lights out.

Macro-Fertilizers are added once a week to achieve the following merits:

NO3: 25mg/l
PO4: 1.5mg/l
K: 20 mg/l

PO4 will fall down to almost "0" during 2 days. Then I start adding a small amout of micros every day until the next water change (contains the same amount of Fe like ADA Step 2, but with additional supplements and without the "K").

Cheers,
Chris

Cheers for that. I also have a 60P and attempted a similar scape using the same reference tank someone posted here. Suffice to say my tank was less successful although its looking a little better since i re-scaped. Anyway, its useful for me to be able to compare filter turnover/injection rate between tanks.
Many Thanks!

Ahoi Ukaps,

time for a new update as I reached the next milestone... NEW CAM *yay* :snaphappy:

17-01-15_web_zps3256e419.jpg

A shame that Photobucket is reducing the quality so extreme!

I'm really thinking about removing the Hydrocotyle and replacing it with something else... but so far I have no clue which plant to choose.
Will also add some Eleocharis Mini around the stones to make it more "natural" looking.

And the Moss needs a good trim soon :(

BTW: removed one ADA Aquasky -> sold
Tuesday the other remaining one will be removed -> changed to an Aquasky Moon + Mirror unit *yay*

Cheers,
Chris

Tuesday the other remaining one will be removed -> changed to an Aquasky Moon + Mirror unit *yay*

Wow congrat! For this layout it will work nicely!

I'm really thinking about removing the Hydrocotyle and replacing it with something else... but so far I have no clue which plant to choose.

The leaf size is too large i think compare to the other plants and your aquarium size.
The mosses the foreground is really nice and the stem background also fits in nicely without distorting the ratios.

Maybe Micranthemum Monte Carlo?
Same vivid light and as it is spreading will move the same way as hydro before.

As an alternative option you may can consider a darker plant. Maybe a different moss then you're using on your trees.

Lovely tank i love the touch of the red in the background!

Hey guys, thanks :)

An well... WOW thank you Viktor :thumbup:

Hm... never considered the Monte Carlo. How big is the leaf size compared to HCC? They look similar, right?
As the moss is spreading like hell everywhere, I would rather not bring one more spec. into the tank :lurking:

Hmm... but a darker plant could be an idea. Time for research and Photoshop ;)

Cheers!
Chris

you had some driftwood in your tank right:playful::playful::playful:

@Viktor

your tank is stunning, seen your videos and photos all your tanks are beautiful.

Wow guys... this thing is a Photon-Bomb!

Right the perfect amount of light (between a 601 and a 602)!

The best thing: Because of the mirror, the light isn't so bright in the back! A nice "shimmering of light" is spread in the room.
I don't need any extra light in the kitchen anymore hehe...

So let's go...

Curious like me:

Knut_Moon_zps6a22f5d3.jpg

MORE LEDs:

LED_Moon_web_zpsa5f2655d.jpg

Damn... I like that:

Moon_side_zps48dc4487.jpg

ULTRABRIGHT:

Side_Moon_web_zpsbeb256b4.jpg

Front shot:

Web_Front_Moon_zps12b42de2.jpg

One more:
In_Sito_Moon_web_zpsea36feb6.jpg

mirror_moon_web_zpse7d9e3e0.jpg

Moon_Logo_web_zpsb08cb511.jpg

Phew... :lol:

Now I'm going to relax in front of the tank the last 30 minutes!

SO guys... CHEERS!

- Chris

Last edited:
Beautiful cat :thumbup:

.......obviously the tank and new light aren't bad too :D

How many LEDS does that fixture have? I've just done a quick google but can't find the answer.

Will count the LEDs tomorrow... ;)

Back