• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - The Shimmering of Light

The_Iceman

Ahoi UKAPS,

right now I'm in the preparation stage for my new project called "The Shimmering of Light".

The Hardware is almost complete!

Got the tank:
IMG_0579_zps98068bdc.jpg

Got the CO2 Adapter so I can finally get rid of these small cardridges:

CO2_zps716395ef.jpg

Aaaand I applied a background:

Foto2_zps04bcb245.jpg

Sand - check!:

IMG_0576_zps004e27f6.jpg

Now I need to wait a little bit longer for the cabinet and my rocks for the hardscape (Cheeeers Viktor :wave: ) and then I'm going to provide you another update about the Progress ;)

Will be another

ADA_zps87cf66a3.jpg

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks guys ;)

Yeah... it will feature LED lights... , but the title is more or less like it is, because of the "open space" in the middle and the background illumination :happy:

The sketch of the layout is already ready... rocks are ordered... plant-list is almost finished...
now I need to find some good driftwood :watching:

I'll keep you posted :peeking:

Cheers,
Chris

Phew... next part arrived:

1e137958f9a66d7f4f323da25428b107_zpsbda552a7.jpg

Perhaps I should rename the Scape to "Design-P*rn* :D

51bffb857d7e1dcd7afcf605c29a34ac_zpsf3de479f.jpg

Never thought that just an empty tank could be so sexy... :snaphappy:

I tested some "green color filters" which will be placed under the led unit to achieve a similar greenish cast to the scape like the HQI unit with the NAG green lamp is producing... Looks quite good in the first test... reduces the light Output slightly... but for this scape... it's ok!

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
Nice chris looking forward to this scape, were did you get your background ebay ? Is it just frosted

Thanks Dean

Hi Dean,

yes, it's a frosted background from Orafol.
I cutted it on a plotter at work and I don't know if you can buy this material in a webshop... but any frosted background material should be fine.

Small update:
Prepared the first bunch of Wabi-Kusa for this new project (need additional 2):
Wabi-Sabi_zpsfe59697e.png

It's a mix of Amazonia Soil + Sphagnum Moss with a small Piece of Ohko rock in the middle for the extra weight...

Plants (only for the Wabi-Kusa) arrived today...so I will prepare everything later on and update the Journal:

Rotala rotundifolia red
Ludwigia arcuata
Rotala indica
Rotala "Nanjenchan"
Green Rotala (Rotala sp. „Green")
Rotala Ceylon

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
Nice chris looking forward to this scape, were did you get your background ebay ? Is it just frosted

Thanks Dean
Hi Sorry to butt in. You can use the film that you put on clear bathroom windows. So you cannot see in :) Its frosted just wet the glass and apply with a damp cloth ;) B&Q or most hardware stores stock it

Thanx for that cannot decide between frosted or black had black so might try frosted, love wabi-kusa so look forwsrd to updates

Thank you Gary!

I got a LEE COLOUR FILTER 116 M BLUE-GREEN here...
But I'll definitely not cover the complete LED. I have the assumption that it could have a bad influence on the spectrum, if too much is covered by the filter.

Will make some photos in 2 weeks with the filter attached, when I'm back from my business trip.

Cheers,
Chris

I got a LEE COLOUR FILTER 116 M BLUE-GREEN here...
But I'll definitely not cover the complete LED. I have the assumption that it could have a bad influence on the spectrum, if too much is covered by the filter.

Excellent! On a similar theme I've thought of using a Soft ND Grad fixed to my mini400 Tile so I can shade my Anubia Wall without blocking the light entirely and be able to have the light at max and not worry about killing the plants.

:)

Back