• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P - The Shimmering of Light

ADA Manten stone, that's seriously expensive stuff...
Great composition with the wood, should be a really great scape once completed.

Finally!

Feeling like a Little child on Christmas eve!
Picked the first 2 Stones out of the box:

Foto2_zps876c8653.jpg

Foto1_zps7d66df8f.jpg

They look absolutely amazing! Have 10kg to Play around with this evening! YAY \o/

Cheers,
Chris

Great. Not sure why but I have a feeling you forgot to add one more stone at right side.
Also, if you want your soil to do not mix with sand, you'd better make sure there are no holes of significant size in your rock wall. You may put some plastic delimiter behind the wall, maybe.

Sent via Tapatalk

Thanks Alexander.

I will follow your advice and put some plastic behind 1 or 2 stones... ;)
The right side is so "low" on purpose, you will see it when the Soil is in the tank and plants are placed.

Cheers,
Chris

Thank you Roy :thumbup:

I think I'm quite happy now with the sand-mix in the front area.
The stone on the left is quite dominant, but it will be covered with hydrocolyte soon... so let's hope the best :D

withsand_2_zps57eb4e9e.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Thank you Alexander...

It's a 50:50 mix of LaPlata with Colorado.

Yepp, I bought the small 2KG bags... I have so much left... used only 40% of each bag and there's still a small amount of the mix which I didn't use.

Will make a close up tomorrow, I like the "shimmering" of the sand now in combination with the different colors of the stones...

Last edited:
Getting closer...

Took me 2 1/2 hours today to arrange the PowerSand + Amazonia Soil ( and pick the little soil particles out of the sand :banghead: ).
Will make some fine adjustments tomorrow and then it's time for "planting" ;)

Foto3_zps47647cfd.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Hi, I like the scape, is ... perfect in my opinion. It will be my inspiration :)
The wood is somehow ADA Branch Wood or Red Moor ?

Thank you razvaa :thumbup:

It's just "regular" driftwood, but multiple pieces combined together.
Manzanita would have been nice... but unfortunately it's hard to get here in germany.

Attached the LED background 10 minutes ago:

Foto3_zps56cbacbc.jpg

Foto2_zpsac259dce.jpg

Foto1_zpsf891925c.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Good evening UKAPS,

what can I say... it's all coming together now! :woot:

Right after work, I started with arranging my Wabi Kusa!
Yepp... looks good!

IMG_0720_zps6d50a4d4.jpg

A few minutes *cough* hours later the background and the middle area were finished!
Unfortunately I miscalculated the amount of parvula needed, so I have to get some more for the back and middle right area!

IMG_0723_zpsea679ee0.jpg

IMG_0732_zps4cb59ff2.jpg

Everything else looks good so far:

IMG_0734_zpsef149b74.jpg

Tomorrow it's time to plant the rest of the parvula and attach the moss to the driftwood.

For now... I say: Have a good night! ;)

IMG_0735_zpsb32f062e.jpg

Cheers
Chris

Thank you guys...

Yepp Roy, a Little bit faster than expected... but hey... :rolleyes:
Unfortunately not, but I already made another small WK ball and have some spare-stem-plants left... so I'm going to recreate another one, just for the window sill hehe...

Cheers,
Chris

Back