• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60P Nature Scape

Tank - 60p (Fire Aqua) 60x31x36cm
Filter - Ista External Mini Canister Filter 360lph
Heater - probably none / will deal with that when its winter
Co2 - via UP Aqua In-Line Atomizer 12/16mm
Light - 60cm Chihiros A-Series Plus
Hardscape - Vine wood and Seiryu stone
Substrate - ADA Power Sand Small, ADA AS Powder and La Plata sand

Here is the wood how i envisage it sitting when I get around to aquascaping along with a messy mockup

32059665923_650f4baa50_k.jpg
IMG_7862 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

IMG_0130.JPG

Plant list (still a work in progress and some with be used sparingly)

Rotala wallichii
Rotala sp "H'ra"
Rotala sp "Green"
Microsorum 'windelov' (unsure if I will use this)
Microsorum 'needle leaf'
Hygrophila pinnadifiata
Hydrocotyle tripartita 'japan' mini
Anubias nana Petite
Buce Wavy green
Monte Carlo
Flame Moss
Weeping Moss
Fissidens fontanus
Mini Pellia

Last edited:
My vine wood is soaking, does anyone have any advice on how to combat fungus leaching from the wood, I did see another member on this forum had issues with the fungus taking over mosses attached to the wood and he lost a fair bit of fungus. I am guessing just manually removing the fungus and adding shrimp that will eat the fungus is the only option?

You can either manually brush it off or use platty, otto, or golden algae eater, golden longfin pleco...
Cheers, yes here in Australia we have shrimp named Darwin Algae Eaters (DAE's) they should help.

The Chihiros A451 plus 45W light arrived, seem pretty good for about 80 bucks, tho I think it flickers when dimmed via the provided dimmer, will have to do some more testing later, as I will have some driftwood emersed I think I will have the light raised fairly high for clearance, so perhaps I will just keep it on full power.

33022932466_b9b06ca4bf_k.jpg
IMG_7875 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Turned out the dimmer was defective, with the dimmer removed the light works perfectly no flickering, the supplier is going to send a replacement dimmer.

I created a few mini wabi kusa balls today, probably should have made them smaller, made a bunch of Hydrocotyle tripartita (wont need that much) and one MC ball, scaping the tank may be put off a few weeks as I have to sort out the wall behind the tank (making a cork board feature wall) and it will be easier to move the shelf without 2 full tanks on top.

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

I have decided to use a 60p for this scape, the wood and plants could use the extra room, I am going to use my 45p for a iwagumi, have updated the thread title.

Today i pulled down my 2ft scape to set up a new 2ft tank in its place, a nice low iron 60p from fire-aqua. The plants are just floating for now, hopefully get around to scaping this weekend.

IMG_8760.jpg

IMG_8762.jpg

Do you trust the Kallax to hold both tanks? they're not that strong from my experience

Do you trust the Kallax to hold both tanks? they're not that strong from my experience

I do, previously I had the kallax on caster wheels and had a 2ft tank where the current 60p is located and would put a container with about 30ltrs water next to it when doing water changes, had no problems, since adding the 45p next to the 60p I decided to remove the caster wheels, seems fine, will keep a close eye on it tho.

Scaped this tank today, took all day I am pooped. Didnt end up using a lot of the plants I had planed on using, the background is planted with stem plants, will be interesting to see how they go, never tried to grow stem plants before.

The water is still a bit hazy, may try add some of the left over plants in over the weekend

33219927793_6a1d20df73_b.jpg
IMG_9143
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Looking great. That piece of wood is a real find! Something to build a scape around happily. Look forward to seeing your wabi kusa evolve too, have you got a separate thread for them on the wabi kusa board

Looking great. That piece of wood is a real find! Something to build a scape around happily. Look forward to seeing your wabi kusa evolve too, have you got a separate thread for them on the wabi kusa board

Thanks, I was planning on using the wabi kusa balls in this scape but didnt have room, I did use the two Rotala wabi balls, they are up the back you can see them yet, was a nice easy way to plant the stems.

Last edited:
Still tinkering, added a few more plants, MC and mini bolbitis, removed some ferns from the back as they shaded the stems, did a water change, discovered my up aqua inline atomizer was leaking, swapped it out for a new unit, also leaked and snapped a full tank shot

33257650903_c9de60da5b_b.jpg
IMG_9147 by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi
Can you give me a run down on the filter!
hoggie

Hi no worries, the filter was used on my 2ft Grassy Cliffs scape and did a good job so decided to keep using it, its a ISTA Mini Canister Filter, tho I have seen the same style filter re-branded for many other brands around the world.

360lph with a small media cage setup which is handy for cleaning.
Has the supplied noodle bio media at the bottom
Black course sponge
Fine white sponge with carbon built into the sponge
Slightly modified the piping to allow space for the up-aqua inline atomizer.

All in all a good little filter that only cost $70 AUD (about 35 GBP) probably couldnt cope with to many fish in the tank but I will only keep shrimp I am thinking.

Hi
Thank you:thumbup:..... what's the dimensions approximately?

No worries, this is the exact name of the filter - ista max care canister filter

• 23cm High
  • 17cm Wide
  • 12cm Deep

Last edited:
Back