• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm green world

AnhBui

Love to play around with new material. Spent sometime this weekend to finish my 60cm. Here is the result

Tank size: 60x40x40cm
Substrate: two bags of ADA Amazonia, and rich dyi base soil
Rock: fossilized wood
Wood: Manzanita

Plants:
Several cryptocoryne, bucephalandra and rotala species
Bolbitis heudelotii
Anubias nana petite

36d7978fd8247e7b6c47a03c687d76c6.jpg

e79b414739bac035c1ac8f8112d9afb0.jpg

8fbada3321597e566a2a61e926bb06af.jpg

68191233728ed6bec3c5c81bbf7a9467.jpg

It’s has been 01 month, and I am feeling confident enough to introduce fish and shrimp in the tank. I also planted one more species which is Lilaeopsis brasiliensis. Other plants are adapting well and growing nicely. I might have first background trimming in next two week times. Until next update and enjoy my short video the one and only cleaning crew.

I am happy with its progress so far. Less sign of algae and tank is super clean. Only one slight inconvenience is that wood still leeks tannins. Probably it will be gone in next couples of month

I did my first background trimming to create shape. Also I left a small area for planting Rotala goias, which is super rare and hard to find in local market. I think i am a bit lucky because I received this small share from LFS. The owner shared with me four small plots, and said he wanted me to nurse it as well.

Here is a top view

And my tank after water change

Last edited:
Weather is changing from spring to summer. Temperature is shifting from average below 20 to 30. Also you are easily seeing the sign of this change by the frequence of light rains.

We may experience first summer heat wave by end of this April, and of course, bolbitis is the first one be impacted. But fear not, I have plan for summer below is cinematic version of 60cm filmed by my old phone

This week our temperature is increasing 5 degrees compared to last week. Humidity is almost 100%. In order to maintain ideal environment I am using a water chiller. The good things I can keep my tank’s temperature to 3 or 4 lower than ambient temperature. The bad thing is

a308273fe58701f4b538cb5ffc2e562c.jpg

Back