• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm - Espei's Escape (preview)

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
A quick snap of my 60cm before I tear it down ready for my new PFK biotope series.

Full ADA substrate system and fert line. Tropica HC and hairgrass (3 and 1 pots respectively).

Absolutely zero visible algae from day one.

Look out for a full step-by-step in PFK in Oct or Nov issue.

apr25fullcrop.jpg

I have always thought HC and E. parvula go well together. You certainly controlled the E. parvula well. I like the way it has been used in moderation around the base of the rocks and along the horizon. 8)

Such a shame that you chose to ill treat your fish with this type of scape, George. ;)

George Farmer said:
A quick snap of my 60cm before I tear it down ready for my new PFK biotope series.

Full ADA substrate system and fert line. Tropica HC and hairgrass (3 and 1 pots respectively).

Absolutely zero visible algae from day one.

Look out for a full step-by-step in PFK in Oct or Nov issue.

apr25fullcrop.jpg

Tearing it down? Its only been up five minuets :wideyed:

Patience. A tank has to grow and mature to look 'natural'.
Were all looking forward to seeing some fresh ideas at TGM.

john starkey said:
Hi George nice well nice I love the stone it looks impresive
Regards john
Thanks mate!

Dan Crawford said:
looks quality mate, super healthy!
Thanks mate!

TDI-line said:
Great, again, George. :D

I see your back to co2... ;)
Thanks mate!

Yes, I am following the ADA system as closely as I can, so CO2 it is.

samc said:
like it george, its a nice easy scape to look at :D
Thanks mate!

It is an easy 'scape to look at and was easy to create. I'll get no awards for innovation, that's for sure!

Graeme Edwards said:
Tearing it down? Its only been up five minuets :wideyed:
3 months, actually. Hardly long-term, I know, but it's not the youngest 'scape I've torn down.

As you may be aware, Graeme, I need the tank for PFK features, so needs must. I have my nano for long-term layouts.

elanmak said:
Patience. A tank has to grow and mature to look 'natural'.
Were all looking forward to seeing some fresh ideas at TGM.
I'm aware of the need for patience, of course. I have done long-term 'scapes and am running one as we speak.

Due to my role as an aquatic writer and photographer, however, I tend to create a larger proportion of shorter-term layouts as I am required to do so for various features, articles, blogs, photography etc.

If I only stick to long-term stuff then I can see my learning curve being flattened, as I wish to try out new plant species, techniques etc.

This is also why I'm excited about my new biotope series - new challenges.

I look forward to seeing you at TGM soon, and we can discuss this in person over a nice cuppa and slice of cake! :D

Thanks again, everyone.

it's a funny thing, time!

if george had said this was 12 months old, we'd all be saying "yeah, time has really payed off here"

what could possibly happen to this scape that hasn't already happened?......it's done in my book. :p

RIP Espei's Escape 8) ....what does that mean George?

It's interesting - when I judged the AGA contest last year with Amano etc. I scored long-term sustainable aquascapes very highly, if they were good compositions also.

So even if I don't create many long-term 'scapes myself, I do appreciate them... If I didn't have external pressures then I'd likely do more of them myself.

Espei's Escape? The fish are Trigonostigma espei. ;)

Awsome tank George, can't believe its only 3 months old, you sure now how to grow plants and great layout. Congrats and look forwsrd for my PFK issue to read all about this tank :)

LondonDragon said:
Awsome tank George, can't believe its only 3 months old, you sure now how to grow plants and great layout. Congrats and look forwsrd for my PFK issue to read all about this tank :)
Thanks, Paulo!

glenn said:
will the article be about this tank or a new set up in this tank?
Hi Glenn

The new biotope series will be on different layouts using this tank, starting in the August issue of PFK.

This actual aquascape will be featured as a step-by-step in a few months.

Lovely picture - great grassy effect from the two plants!

Are you going to post the full specs of the tank?

Thanks,

Mark

Back