• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60 cm planted tank

Petter

Hello Ukaps!
Sharing my first real planted tank. Its just above two months old.

Tank: No brand optiwhite 60x40x35
Plants: Monte Carlo, Rotala Rotundifolia, Rotala Green, Weeping Moss, Cyperus Helferi, Eleocharis Acicularis, Hydrocotyle Verticillata, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Cryptocoryne Willisii, Staurogyne Repens
Livestock: Crystal Red, CPD, snails
Filter: Oase Biomaster 350
Light: Twinstar S
Substrate: Tropica
Fertilisation: Tropica special and tropica premium, easy carbo

Thank you ukaps community for all inspiration and knowledge! Have been looking around this forum a lot before setting it up. I am from Sweden and keeping planted tanks is not that common here so I was really happy to find this forum.

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,270
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 772
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 604
I really like this scape and it’s so nice to see CPD kept in a larger tank!
How many CPD have you added?
Are they breeding?

If you use ”Sweden” as your Search parameter, you should pull up some other ukap members from Sweden
:)

Thanks! I have ten CPD and I have seen really small fry a couple of times but they don't seem to make it. I assume the are eaten by parents or maybe they don't find food that is possible for them to eat. I suppose I should keep them in a separate tank (remove the adults) if I want to breed them successfully.

I can also add to the info about the tank that I use pressurized CO2 from a soda stream bottle and with a inline diffusor - JBL Proflora. Works good - most, but not all, bubbles are dissolved before getting in the tank.

It’s a Juwel cabinet for the Lido 125 aquarium. I guess not the look and quality like other more fancy brands but fore sure not as expensive either 😅

It’s a Juwel cabinet for the Lido 125 aquarium. I guess not the look and quality like other more fancy brands but fore sure not as expensive either 😅
Good to know. I have something similar, meaning nothing fancy, but it is 60 x 45 cm, so not a perfect match. Few years ago I looked for an ADA cabinet, but the price in the only shop in Sweden selling ADA was not for me.

Very nice aquascape. I love the way the monte carlo is cascading over the wood like a green waterfall.

Back