• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60 cm - Old fashioned Dutch style scape

here's your lovely nano. :D

IMG_3279-01.jpg

I have decided today in a crazy thought to move the tank to my study room. scape is also a little bit changed, it's now really red, green, red, green.

_MG_2344.jpg

will make more pics later

A few days later

_MG_2359.jpg

Although everything looks oke I am not really satisfied with all my plants. as said earlier my Rotala is laying down, probably due to too much light, the Tonina and mini riccia are getting a little bit white in the tops. So I have to think how to sort this.

_MG_2356.jpg

_MG_2355.jpg

One of my cherry's, and on this picture you can see the lazy rotala.

_MG_2367.jpg

and

meet Turbo

_MG_2376.jpg

Progressing well, with such a fantastic mix of colours and textures. Its really refreshing to see something that's not 'Nature Aquarium' style grow and develop! :clap:

is that moss i see emerging from the substrate? if so how do you manage that!

lokks good, the lazy rotala must be to do with being top heavy or it cant support its weight.

Nick16 said:
is that moss i see emerging from the substrate? if so how do you manage that!

:D bought it on a kind of metal thing which I have cut in half, you can get it from an Aquafleur supplier

Marco Aukes said:
Looks good Maurits!

And what kind of species is Turbo wishing to become when he grows up?

This is dad. I had 6 of them 4 of the larves died in the buckets i normally use, so i thought throw the other 2 in my tank and see what happens. for the moment they are my best algae eaters :)

I am gonna change some details tomorrow as some new plants arrives :)

_MG_1747.jpg

:D wait till tomorrow.

I have had another great idea with a plant which is commonly available and which will replace the rotala.

You will loves this one as well

Thanks planter, good to see you last Thursday and many thanks for the Vallisneria Nana, this was really the last plant I needed to finish the set up.

so it's pics time.

_MG_2394.jpg

_MG_2391.jpg

_MG_2393.jpg

_MG_2390.jpg

_MG_2388.jpg

_MG_2386.jpg

_MG_2385.jpg

_MG_2384.jpg

_MG_2383.jpg

_MG_2382.jpg

_MG_2381.jpg

_MG_2379.jpg

Mauritis

That's really stunning! The colours are so vivid!

A really great scape

That's wonderful. It seems like such a bigger tank than 60cm. You must really be growing those plants right, because the red colors are so deep.

Thanks all.

Funny at all I said to Saintly a few weeks ago that I completely lost my interest because I killed always al my plants and had too much algae.

But changing a few basic things, proper substrate,the right liquids and a different way of using Co2 is for me this time the way to get it right. Off course I am wondering how this tank will develop the coming months but the start is there and right

Hmm... Mr. Amano inspired me to get into the whole planted tank business, but seing stuff like this is really starting to grip me. This tank looks absolutely fab-tastic and certainly something to think about for future projects. And also I think the Chief would appreciate a more varied and colourful setup than what I'm doing atm.
Keep it up, M!

Back