• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

54L Fire Amongst Green (final photos, scape completed)

So, here it is.
I think i was late for about 2 days and micranthenum has overgrown a bit. Its a pity i have to take it down and that was a final try. That is my first more or less completed scape with which i am happy ;) The photo session took quite a long time and due to strong lighting riccia started to pearl quite heavily.
Now need to print and frame it :D
Will try to find a hardscape and initial planting pics tomorrow. They should be there somewhere.

main-resized.jpg

1_resized.jpg

8_resized.jpg

Enjoy and critique plz.

Hmm, looking back at the date i trimmed it its only 2,5 weeks. There is a chance that i still could have another chance to improve before we move. Who knows. Must try :crazy: The problem is co2 might not last that long.
I have also changed the lighting from 2x24 to 2x24 + 2x24 T5 midday burst (arcadia 3 4x24 T5) and replaced ugly green in/outflows to sexy cal aqua glassware. So the tank is now open top and looking great and minimal.

Simply awesome, it looks so fresh and natural. Very well executed. Shame it has to be taken down, I'm going through a house move myself soon so I know where you're coming from. Good excuse to get scaping again though. Look forward to the new design!

That really is beautiful.

Here is an initial planting. As you can see the plan was a bit different from what it turn out. i am thinking about the similar hardscape but with much less plants maybe next time.

hardscape_resized.jpg

I bet you're very proud, it's a beautiful tank. Are you rescaping straight away or keeping it going? A super hard Tom Barr trim and I think you could keep it going another 2-3 months easily.

Thanks Garuf. Its going down this weekend probably due to house move. Its been running for about 5 months.

*sobs quietly into her wine glass*

Back