• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

4ft t5 fixtures?

Chrispowell

Hi all, is there any good 6 bulb 4ft T5 units still on the market??

I'm currently using the ZETLIGHT 46w fixtures but I'm not convinced they are much good unless directly over the plants you are trying to grow...

Any help much appreciated

Chris

You can't go wrong with iQuatics, 2/4/6 tube options, great build and good value. I have a 4 tube 39w (39inch) on a tank 55cm deep and I get a par reading of nearly 100 at substrate.

Be careful, often hydroponic lights have their tubes further apart than aquatic ones, thus are too wide to place above tanks. Also often fitted with tubes that whilst will get good plant growth will make aquatic plants look cr*p. Need higher K tubes fitting, say 8000K or even 10000K.

I'm currently using the ZETLIGHT 46w fixtures but I'm not convinced they are much good unless directly over the plants you are trying to grow...

Really? Are you absolutely sure that the Zetlights are the problem?

FWIW I have two 46w Zetlight Lancia units in my 4' aquarium, mounted about 2" above the water surface in an enclosed hood, and my plants are all growing like crazy. Are you also dosing EI ferts and injecting CO2?

Yep dosing EI and have a good bubble rate, if I rest the lights on the tank rim above my stems I get pearling, if I raise them up and put them in the centre of the tank my rotala grows with small leaves and at a slow rate?

I can get images later if it would help, maybe having them 100mm above the rim is too high

Back