• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

48" X 15" X 12" WHICH LED LIGHT?? HELP

Grizz

Seedling
Hello, i am looking for some advice

I recently set up a new tank, It is 48" wide x 15" tall x 12" deep
And i am now currently looking for the perfect led light to go on this tank
But with so many to choose from i am unsure of which size / make / power to get :eek:

It will be heavily planted
Running C02
And will have a large stock of community fish

Im ideally looking for one that has its own timer or i can run a timer on so that it can either mimic 24hr day cycle or just automatic day / night.
Also a remote would be ideal but not a must have

Any help would be majorly appriciated :thumbup::thumbup:

looking for the perfect led
1) there is no perfect light
2) depends on what you want to achieve
3) depends on your experience too
It is very easy to start with tooo much light. If this is your first tank do a lot of research, start with easy plants ( look at Tropica website for clues on easy plants) and start with moderate light (might even use some T5's ) and at least a way to moderate the amount of light reaching the tank

Thank you for your reply Edvet

Yeah this is the problem I'm having
Just trying to get it near as i can so that I'm not going and wasting a load of money on the wrong thing

I am an electrician so knocking up a light would not be a problem it is just ideally rather purchase one ready made as it will be a lot easier and more pleasing to the eye and it is on show aha

This will be my third planted tank, the last one i had for 4 years and never had any issues it was very low maintenance
Obviously it will be bit of another learning curve as every tank is different hence why I'm after some advice on the lighting

Worth a look at NEW CHIHIROS A-SERIES PLUS AQUATIC AQUARIUM SUPER LED LAMP 30-95W LIGHT 30-90CM

IMO, has five levels of light intensity out of the box, plus finer control can be gain with a TC421 or TC420

Sent from Mountolympus via neural interface

If you are an electrician then you will be familiar with GU10 light fittings, you can easily make up a board using bathroom fittings & dimmable 11w bulbs.
You can mix n match colours & wattage, add timers & generally have great fun doing what you are good at.

Back