• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape 45P

Pattern8

Seedling
Let me first say, what an incredible forum this is. So much information and so many expert and talented members.
Quick background on this tank. I had the pleasure of a consultation with the very kind Mr. George Farmer who just as kindly recommended I go back to the drawing board with this tank. So, that's what I'm up to. Trying to get it right this time. I'm working with teak wood and have both Koke stone and Yamaya stone. Not sure which of the two type I should use or how best to incorporate. Substrate for this will be ADA Amazonia both regular and powder type. I also have white, light tan, tan, grey, and dark grey cosmetic sand.

Any and all comments are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6652.jpg
    IMG_6652.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_6653.jpg
    IMG_6653.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_6614.jpg
    IMG_6614.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6616.jpg
    IMG_6616.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_6641.jpg
    IMG_6641.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_6618.jpg
    IMG_6618.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
Pattern

George Farmer was perfectly correct in fact are your shore he never said do a lot of research first.

You have two very good pieces of wood there try to use them without the rocks.

At the moment it looks like you have carefully placed the wood and rocks apart and nothing is working.

Its good you are using a Mock Tank I also suggest you use sand or something similar as a substrate this will help.

Keith:wave::wave:

Pattern

George Farmer was perfectly correct in fact are your shore he never said do a lot of research first.

You have two very good pieces of wood there try to use them without the rocks.

At the moment it looks like you have carefully placed the wood and rocks apart and nothing is working.

Its good you are using a Mock Tank I also suggest you use sand or something similar as a substrate this will help.

Keith:wave::wave:

Thank you Keith. Indeed, I have done and still doing more research concerning design. What you can't see in that mock tank is that I've drawn a Fibonacci Circles (golden ratio) at the bottom. Still trying to figure out how to make a guide for the straight on viewing angle. The rocks were not placed in the photos for design layout purpose but more so that one could see the two types of rock with the wood and maybe suggest which rocks were best suited for the wood (teak). I apologize as I should have been more clear on that

Back