• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

40x40x40cm cube

CooKieS

New project 40x40x40cm cube by Blau.

Light will be the hyperspot S by skylight.
Filter, not decided yet, but at least 400l/h rated pump.
Hardscape is dragon stone and spider wood.
Tropica powder soil and Ada la plata sand.

210110062603554174.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, be interesting to to see how you go about planting this one

Thanks, for this one, I will use all the plants I wanted to try for years but didn’t have the scape or the tank to do this so...here’s the plant list;

210111084154162499.jpg

1. Vallisneria nana
  2. Nymphaea reg tiger lotus
  3. Microsorum trident
  4. Hygrophila pinnatifida
  5. Blyxa japonica
  6. Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
  7. Eleocharis sp mini
  8. Hc Cuba
  9. Bucephalandra
  10. Marsilea crenata

will look anazimg planted cant wait to see this one

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Tank is finally in place with light stand.

still have to glue the whole hard scape and then I’ll start an dark start on this one.

any suggestions for an external filter on this cube? Something not too costly but effective, thanks

210127042543409616.jpg

Having been playing with hardscape the past few days, realising just how hard it is and being driven to opening my 15yr old bottle of Dalwhinnie Malt. Its frustating to see how easy you appear to have made that tank look very natural. That light looks the business.

Tank is finally in place with light stand.

still have to glue the whole hard scape and then I’ll start an dark start on this one.

any suggestions for an external filter on this cube? Something not too costly but effective, thanks

210127042543409616.jpg
Looking great ;)

Having been playing with hardscape the past few days, realising just how hard it is and being driven to opening my 15yr old bottle of Dalwhinnie Malt. Its frustating to see how easy you appear to have made that tank look very natural. That light looks the business.
As with everything, practice is the key, an sand box is nice to exercise yourself often and quickly. I do like to drink some whisky but preferably at the end of the scaping session. :p The hyperspot is stunning yes, still some finishing flaws because they are pre production samples. But I love the rgb spots, design, shimmer and no needs of shades.

Hi all,

I was just thinking that, but presumably with a high-end cost as well as appearance.

cheers Darrel

it’s priced between the twinstar 60 S series and the Ada aquasky RGB, but it’s way more powerful, this one will be ok for max sized cube of 60x60x60 cm and usually great for 60x40x40 tanks. It’s already an bit much for my 40cm cube but I’ll dim it at first.

Looking great ;)
Merci beaucoup Tim!

I'm liking this ;)
Thanks!

Replace your hardscape with the stegasaurus. Bit of novelty value.
I already thought of an Dino scape using some dragon stone and maybe some flatter ones to simulate the stegosaurus dorsal pines...😬

Last edited:
Looking great Thierry! You are master at those high banking sandy slopes! Have you used the filter floss sheet technique you described previously?

Good to see that your photoshop skills are as good as mine though! 🤣

210111084154162499.jpg

The Hyperspot lights look good - It'd be nice if they released a version with just a single bulb unit in a small form factor though to give more placement flexibility. Any rumblings of whether they might be considering anything like that?

@Wookii thanks mate, and no I didn’t used the filter floss technique because it wasn’t necessary; the slope isn’t as dramatic as some of my others scape. Hope it won’t mix too much with the soil that is under it! (I’m not planning on keeping shrimps on this one so it should be ok).

about the nano hyperpost version, that is an great suggestion , with only one or two spots, and an arm system like the onf nano or chihiros c2...I will ask. 😬

that isn’t even photoshop, that’s the iPhone native app to take note on pictures 😂 . On photoshop all I can do is crop pictures and adjust the white balance...you’ll never see me cheat at iaplc because I ain’t got the skills at photoshop. 😅
Great looking scape @CooKieS really like that Blah cube how was it to work on

Merci @Jayefc1 , scaping an cube is never easy, I find it to be the worse format to work in but I do like the 40cm depth and the height. :)

Back