• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

40 liter

Raise it up mate or maybe an ehiem skim, just need to check for small fish shrimp daily, I run mine with a bit of stainless mesh that I clean every other day, keeps the livestock out.

I have got the ehiem skim but I will see if the adjustments I've done today make any difference in a few days time . If not then the mighty ehiem will have to come out to play ha
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tim
Well Tim it's vastly improved already :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7yrurene.jpg

3u9egahy.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't been on for a long time. A lot has happened but now I'm bk :)
This tank was neglected and at one point I couldn't see in from the algae on the glass ,
All the plants melted (well most)
So last week I got stuck in cleaned and replanted what I had .
4 LEDs bulbs were way over kill so I've removed 2 and all the plants have responded brilliantly (touch wood) and there is no sign of algae after a week.
My ottos did a superb job :)

Excuse the heater my small one died so this is temporary and I'm on the look out for a neat small one.

Anyways I'm looking for some mini hairgrass if someone is kind enough to donate some.
Cheers
dd6db31f320bcf2aed626b290521a442.jpg

9f6f90d9992e89486e153934bc5cd065.jpg
06452f1f783db4e9464172f05940df63.jpg
874df0a40183bf700c2b4cc6e412d510.jpg

Cracking little scape bud! T
You wouldn't know you had neglected it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I need to get a better camera really , an iPhone never does it justice (you know this) .

I'm only running this tank at the minute .
Only added fish last week as well ,
Just had a lot on and didn't have time to look after any of my tanks.
But once I pulled bk the curtain of algea it wasn't so bad .
Did debate if to add a spray bar but see how it goes with the lily , honestly the plants are so healthy now I'm really looking forward to seeing it fill out.
I'm adding just less then 1bps on the co2 and that seems to be enough.
Just looking for some mini hair grass to fill out the right foreground .
Cheers

Looking good sam
That fissidens is looking nice an healthy, looks like the changes you made have done the job

The fissedens was swallowed in green hair algae up untill last week , but it's now completely gone and looks sweet :)
But takes forever to grow

Cracking little scape bud! T
You wouldn't know you had neglected it!

I'm hoping it will look better once it fills out abit and I can get some better shots with a decent camera.
Also maybe add some a red plant inbetween the ferns at the bk .
The wife did turn the whole thing off at the switch ( it was in a bad way )
That's when I needed to sort it , but I'm glad she did because it's sweet now .

Cheers

Shrimp have taken over for me! Scapeing has really taken a back seat but I'm itching to get back to it! My tmc is looking rather bad! If it wasn't for the shrimp and Otto's I'm sure it would be covered in algae!

Yea that's what I want a small self sustained family of shrimp :)

It took a major bk seat for me also but I'm glad I'm bk on it :)

Hey guys I've just stuck a temporary spay bar along the back to see if the distribution is better , but I'm worried that my ehiem skim will have a conflict with the main flow
What are your thoughts ?? ,
4efaec55d856c6a81e37f7bd07edc114.jpg

The spray bar is already a little short so there is room but it's more convenient where it is already , would be handy if I can get away with it .

It's on a timer, only runs for 15 mins at a time every few hours or so . Wasn't sure if that would have a negative effect on things .

1811ef71860224c576475981c6dcc49e.jpg

Back