• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

37x 17 x 18 custom built

chrisjj

Seedling
Hi,

Thought I'd post a pic of my newly set up tank.....

186ltr (150ltr water) opti-glass tank
Lighting - 2x 39w T5 + reflectors
Filter - Aquamanta efx 400 (1400lph)
Substrate - Unipak sand, JBL Aquabasis, eco-complete plant substrate
Hardscape - Lava rock, wood (don't know what it is)
Plants:
Anubias barteri var. nana Petite
Microsorium pteropus - Narrow leaf
Microsorium pteropus - Windelov
Fissidens fontanus (not in yet)
Hemianthus callitrichoides (HC Cuba)
Crinum calamistratum

Fish: (so far)
6 rummynose
3 forktail rainbow
20+ cherry shrimp
1 amano shrimp

P1090931.jpg

Great base and it'll look even better once the plants fill in. I also have lava rock and anubias growing out from between them, love the look. One problem I have found with lava rock is it degrads quite quickly so I have to hoover it - but plants take to it quickly and it looks good!

Around a year later.....

p1110777f.jpg
[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Oh bother, try as I may, I just can't seem to work out the posting a pic thing!

I think this may be my favorite out of all the tanks I have looked at on this site. I have lots of lava rock and when rescaping my tank would have loved to combine it with the redmoore root but my tank much smaller. The clean edges round the islands and contrasting sand is just ooooH.

Cheers, Lindy

That is so cool. It just goes to show you don't have to spend shed loads on expensive rock in order to have an awesome rock based aquarium. Excellent and very neat :thumbup:

Thank you for your kind comments!

A couple of detail shots.

p1120088h.jpg

p1120084.jpg

p1120076y.jpg

Really like that! Quite different compared to a lot and seems to work very very well!
As said by others, the plant health looks phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

CO2 is via a glass diffuser directly below a tunze powerhead - can just be seem on the LHS of the last pic.

Lights are on from 4pm to 11pm.

Back