• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

350 Gallon iphone pics(updated 10/01/2012)

plantbrain

Expert
79828823.jpg

13eaf9f5.jpg

abaf2243.jpg

FTS was blurred due to low light in the place, also, reflections made many cheap iphone pics stink.

Strange look, no algae eaters..........also, the fish ate them all.
Except for the larger plecos.

I'll be thinning the coffeefolia more and allowing the needle leaf java to come back again. Color on plants and general growth is quite nice now, even with the massive feeding and bioload in this tank. The larger Malawian fish dig also, so it's a challenge.

After a year or so, I'll redo the tank again and use a large pack of cardinals and more stems.

This is the hardest tank to get a decent FTS.

Re: 350 Gallon iphone pics

Thats a combination you dont see very often! Bet it is very challenging with water management.

TB those are some gorgeous fish in there very impressive to have such an aggressive population in there yet maintain such a dense colorful planted population too. Only a gentleman of your expertise and caliber could take on such an endeavor. Strong work :thumbup: .

Hey, I did not want to do it, it was the client's demands.
I just work for them.

Again, as already said, interesting combination. Dimidichromis compressiceps is one of my favourite malawi cichlids. Hope you dont mind me posting a pic on your thread, but here is an image of one I took in a friends tank in New Zealand.

eyebiter.jpg

350 Gallon iphone pics

May I ask how frequently they take to the plants a year the u know what out of the garden? Besides destroying the bio load don't they just rambunctiously uproot everything. Only thing I could plant with my S. American's were Anubia. African's also with the hard alkaline water one would think your plants would really struggle too. You lost dose that water column to death to pull off that kind magic.

From the mud grows a Lotus~
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

WabiKasuH20Fall said:
May I ask how frequently they take to the plants a year the u know what out of the garden? Besides destroying the bio load don't they just rambunctiously uproot everything. Only thing I could plant with my S. American's were Anubia. African's also with the hard alkaline water one would think your plants would really struggle too. You lost dose that water column to death to pull off that kind magic.

They do not uproot as Starougyne is very well rooted. That is one of the advantages of that plant.
These are not Mbunas, which will dig to no end, these are more predators and some pickers(peacocks etc).
They do not dig that much.

These are all tank bred and have been for many generations, they are big tough cichlids, they can live and do bred in this tank even with relative moderate KH and GH. They are not picky. I've bred cichlids and kept these species going back 35 years. They are quite happy in here.

I sold 10 liters worth of plants last week to the wholesaler in trade. I think the plants are doing fine :thumbup:
I dose standard EI but reduced the KNO3 since I have the client's feed the fish a lot of food.

There is a blue diamond discus in here also, have not be able to catch this last one. They NEVER came out and after the African cichlids were added, the Discus starts coming out and feeding along side the Malawi fish. It's a very strange scene.

I've been after this one fish for about 4 months now.

Well, the L compressiceps started breeding, then all hell broke loose.
I'll be down to the tank to remove the fish tomorrow.
We got 2 batches of fry, some where eaten obviously.

the tank got mighty cloudy............not sure what the folks want to do other than remove them and redo the tank, but I'll see.

Tank was broken down and I had a guy come and spend about 5 hours polishing the glass, I figured it's a lot cheaper than new tank and it's 8 years old now and many other folks have scratched the glass cleaning it beside me.

92f08ac4.jpg

I take it that's where the truckload of Anubia came from?

Sheesh Tom that tank is a whopper alright ! Whats the results of the polishing like ? All clear and new looking ?

Whitey89 said:
Wow, that truly is a fantastic setup. That makes me want one, yet I can hear my wallet screaming from my pocket :)

Nah, size isn't everything, lol. If I got a tank that size I would be on a marble slab within a week. GUARANTEED !

Antipofish said:
Whitey89 said:
Wow, that truly is a fantastic setup. That makes me want one, yet I can hear my wallet screaming from my pocket :)

Nah, size isn't everything, lol. If I got a tank that size I would be on a marble slab within a week. GUARANTEED !

:lol:

Yes, that's where the Anubias came from:
298a8df7.jpg

04e337a9.jpg

I'll be removing the Elatine and phasing in the Gloss more over time.
Tank got GDA initially and I got rid of it in about 2 weeks.

Tom

Back