• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

350 Gal manzy dsplay

plantbrain

Expert
d5894c90.jpg

c1bd610b.jpg

The cabinet cuts out 2ft of the front of the tank. Hard to get a decent pic of this tank.

Tank is about on it's 4th week after total tear down.
Need to add some color in the back, I'll have a V shaped hedge of stem plants in the middle rear.
240cm x 72cm x 72 cm

About 200 Congo tetras, z dozen rare plecos and Sturisoma, few hundred RCS and Amano shrimp.
Eventually, the Anubias will crawl through and around the wood, this will take some time, but will look nice later.
The Staruogyne will make a rug like in my 180 Gal home tank.

Light is 8x54W T5 at 110 Cm above the lower plants.

So 1.2 W/gal or....... 0.3w/liter, not much.

That is just mind blowing awesome,have just fallen in love with a tank, need to sit down and catch my breath!!!! Come over all flushed and bothered. Looking great and love the Anubias

looks great Tom! Keep us updated on this one.

ps, there's an Anubias leaf that needs to come off in that bottom pic ; )

I must admit that I have found Anubias a very difficult plant to grow in a mixed plant high energy set up.
Mainly due to the leaves gathering a fine covering or algae that always seems to appear as new leafs mature!
I will be very interested to see how your amazing tank progresses.

foxfish said:
I must admit that I have found Anubias a very difficult plant to grow in a mixed plant high energy set up.
Mainly due to the leaves gathering a fine covering or algae that always seems to appear as new leafs mature!
I will be very interested to see how your amazing tank progresses.

All these coffeefolia are from this same tank and started off as small little 3-5 leaf plants.........so they do well over time in this tank.....I had this tank like this about 1.5 years ago:
redone350214.jpg

Then
Resized350galafter.jpg

Going back farther:

resized300gallonOct07.jpg

redone3504.jpg

resizedcards4082007.jpg

sideview350redone408.jpg

redone350gal40820072.jpg

plantbrain said:
foxfish said:
Going back farther:

redone3504.jpg

The tank is Simply Breathtaking and hats off to you in creating it.

I just have to say, that the group of Hatchet Fish look Amazing. They must have been a joy to watch, have not seen them for sale, in years here.

Looks wonderful, just what I had in mind for my next tank though I can't source manzy wood. How are you filtering this beast?

flygja said:
Looks wonderful, just what I had in mind for my next tank though I can't source manzy wood. How are you filtering this beast?

Wet/dry filters are on every tank I do.

I seal the top edge for the wet/dry trickle section, but that's all, this prevents CO2 escaping.

I sell Manzy, if you are after some, I do ship to the UK, there is a size restriction and ship typically runs 50-100$ USD.

i'm having to pick my jaw off the keyboard to type this.

lovely.

Looks like crinum calamistratum to me, I could be wrong though!

Tom, thanks for the offer. I've seen your threads on manzy shipments to the UK but I'm all the way in Malaysia. Shipping would kill!

Think the tank looks great and has made me change my my mind about my tank (it's not set up yet but it's 8 foot x 2 x 30" (l x w x h) with a sump). I have two rather large pieces of Anubias , one Coffeefolia that's about 20" by 16" and a piece of Barteri that's maybe slightly larger and was wondering if you would suggest splitting them into smaller pieces or leave them alone for visual impart and add smaller pieces to supplement them.Was not going to split them but now wondering would it look 'more fuller' if they were cut and moved apart with the hope that they would grow into each other creating lines of Anubias growing amongst stumps and branches.Other thing that has me puzzled is a earlier thread from you about the 'art' of aquascaping where you said you could grow plants but not capture the design side as well. Based on these tanks you shown I think you are far too modest and they have certainly inspired me to have a go. Roll on your book, think it's going to be a must have :thumbup: :thumbup: :text-coolphotos: :clap:

It takes patience to deal with Anubias, but the pay off is grand.

Here's 450 I did:

Hardscape then lots of Anubias later

frontviewof4501.jpg

Resized450.jpg

resized4503.jpg

resized4502.jpg

how long did it take to grow the Anubias out that much? I've never seen it as bulked up as that before. looks amazing.

Back