• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

31x21x26, nano, ‘nature heart’

I was wondering which floating plant you are using?
Don't think it is on your list? I will need to get one and some look really small and others a bit too big.

Oh and do you use the original filter foam that came with the filter? I have just got mine and its really coarse.
I know that some people upgrade the size of the foam but if the tank is small then this is difficult.

Thank you for your time!
Simon.

It’s salvinia Natans, perfect floaters for nano to me. ;)

I’ve removed the foam and cut just an small batch of it and I’ve stuck this batch of foam inside the intake to avoid sucking too much dirt, snails in it. Do you know what I mean?

It’s salvinia Natans, perfect floaters for nano to me. ;)

I’ve removed the foam and cut just an small batch of it and I’ve stuck this batch of foam inside the intake to avoid sucking too much dirt, snails in it. Do you know what I mean?
Kind of... So you have very little foam on the filter now? Your using it more for circulation than filtration??
Thanks for the reply!

Kind of... So you have very little foam on the filter now? Your using it more for circulation than filtration??
Thanks for the reply!

yes, that’s it for now. I will try to find some smaller foam to adapt later.

200525080522721349.jpg

200525080523917449.jpg

200525080524449428.jpg

New critters
:)

I think my next scape may have them for a change of maybe the bright blue ones plenty of time to decide, see if yours breed by then

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I think my next scape may have them for a change of maybe the bright blue ones plenty of time to decide, see if yours breed by then //emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji16.png

those
Is that surface scum?

yes, running co2 24/24 and tank is not mature yet, it normally goes away within weeks;)

Reactions: Ray
I am struggling with surface scum any recomendations? And what dk you mean those , what shrimp you mean

Thanks dean

I am struggling with surface scum any recomendations? And what dk you mean those , what shrimp you mean

Thanks dean

do you use lily pipe? If yes, just put it near the surface. Or use powerful filter that will create some vortex over the lily. If that doesn’t work you can buy some inlet with integrated skimmer (the stainless steel ones works nicely). Using some floaters would help too.

I’ve find that in my tank it goes by itself after some weeks, once the tank And the bacterial population is balanced. ;)

My blue velvet shrimp are neocaridina that are easy to bred and maintain, those Santa crs are caridina and not as easy, hope I’ll get good results as I’m using tap water (which is not so bad in my small town).

I am struggling with surface scum any recomendations?

Me too in my low tech Betta tank which is why I zeroed in on it. Weeks 3 to 5 it was awful, then I trimmed any leaves on my crypts from prior to planting, lifted the spray bar above the surface and added some floaters. It broke up and cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, after fast 1 month of use, I use to think the color rendition of the onf nano isn’t that good, everything seems yellowish and even if my tank is small, it isn’t powerful enough to have red rotala h’ra.😕

thinking of replacing for the new chihiros c series ASAP! :)

Small update;

Stems has been trimmed and I’ve replanted the tops.

Added small patches of riccardia too.

Dosing 1ml of liquid carbon and 1ml of apt complete daily. Co2 is on 1bubble every 3s , 24/24.
I like how easy this one goes for now :)

200605111029382415.jpg

cheers

Lovely looking aquarium - could you tell me which brand of c02 regulator you are using (and rough costs please?)

Lovely looking aquarium - could you tell me which brand of c02 regulator you are using (and rough costs please?)

thanks , those are Chinese one, brand aquario, from my lfs, about 50 bucks, very simple but very effective and easy to setup ;)

Might be a stupid question but how do you stop the surface plants from congregating ? I was wondering if the flow on the surface moved them ? Thanks Chris

Stunning nano my favorite at the minute , i imagine they will congregate when filter running.

Dean

Might be a stupid question but how do you stop the surface plants from congregating ? I was wondering if the flow on the surface moved them ? Thanks Chris

here’s the answer;

;)

Stunning nano my favorite at the minute , i imagine they will congregate when filter running.

Dean

thanks mate, glad you like it.:)

Back