• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

31x21x26, nano, ‘nature heart’

CooKieS

Hi guys,

Have filled this little nano scape which was done in 10min for an instagram challenge, to host and breed some shrimps. ;)

tank is fireaqua optiwhite 17l
Soil is tropica powder with sand over it
Light is onf flat nano +
filter is aquael hob
Pressurized co2 500gr to come

plants are all from my 60p;

Rotala h’ra
Rotala rotundifolia
Myriophyllum guyana
Pilo Moss
Java mass
Some Monte Carlo
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Anubia petite and pangolino

this is day 1:

200509035328830725.jpg

200509035332859348.jpg

Great little scape mate i am jealous i would love a nano like this bit may upgade main tank to 60p instead at some point.

Lovely plant selection and scape
Well done mate, what shrimp are going in ?

Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Great little scape mate i am jealous i would love a nano like this bit may upgade main tank to 60p instead at some point.

Lovely plant selection and scape
Well done mate, what shrimp are going in ?

Dean

thanks mate, I don’t know yet about the shrimps species, regarding my tap water it will be easy species to maintain like neocaridina Yellow neon ;)

:clap:Great job

thank you, nothing overcomplicated, just a small nano for my son. :)

Nice! Love your style it's very unique! :thumbup:

Thanks Sammy!

Pressurised co2 in place! :cool:

200514052436880792.jpg
Cool idea i like that my co2 art os very very sensitive i barley touch the regulator adjuster and to many bps its very hard to get right o think i need one what is a good full turn to even add 1 bps eventually.

Looks great though mate

Cool idea i like that my co2 art os very very sensitive i barley touch the regulator adjuster and to many bps its very hard to get right o think i need one what is a good full turn to even add 1 bps eventually.

Looks great though mate

those China one are perfect and easy to adjust ;)

Bringing aquascaping snobbery to new heights: Speyside Single Malt CO2, Sherry Cask Matured. 😁 Are you listening, ADA?!

J/K.
Lovely scape mate.
Thanks for the laugh 😆

Great scape as always @CooKieS you have a great eye for this stuff! It’s hard to believe that’s a 17 litre tank, you’ve managed to make it look much larger in terms of scale.

Great scape as always @CooKieS you have a great eye for this stuff! It’s hard to believe that’s a 17 litre tank, you’ve managed to make it look much larger in terms of scale.

Thanks for you support mate, appreciate it! :)

I’m looking to add details like small roots or branches later to improve it. ;)

Would you guys add some fishes in this small volume? It’s 31cm long, I was thinking about some borara? Or is it definitively too small for fish? Thanks

Thanks for you support mate, appreciate it! :)

I’m looking to add details like small roots or branches later to improve it. ;)

Would you guys add some fishes in this small volume? It’s 31cm long, I was thinking about some borara? Or is it definitively too small for fish? Thanks

I’m not an expert by any means, but I tend to think even my 60 x 30 x 30 tank is a little small for fish. My shoal of Boraras Brigittae seem perfectly happy, but can easily lap the tank in a few seconds.

You could maybe add 8 of them to that tank - their biological load is probably minuscule - but it’s whether you think they really have the space to live comfortably and behave naturally.

I’m not an expert by any means, but I tend to think even my 60 x 30 x 30 tank is a little small for fish. My shoal of Boraras Brigittae seem perfectly happy, but can easily lap the tank in a few seconds.

You could maybe add 8 of them to that tank - their biological load is probably minuscule - but it’s whether you think they really have the space to live comfortably and behave naturally.

you’re right, I will probably put one male betta or an shrimp colony instead, that tank is too small. It´s like those guys from Ada who puts 10 nano fishes in a 8 liters pond tank, that’s not my vision of fish keeping:(

Thanks for sharing! Really great.

Is that a Pat Mini Filter i see tucked away in there?
Simon

Thanks for sharing! Really great.

Is that a Pat Mini Filter i see tucked away in there?
Simon

thanks Simon, glad you like it. :)

you’re right, the aquael HoB was to noisy for me so I’ve replaced it with my trusty aquael pat mini. ;)

Loving this, its beautiful. I have exactly the same tank but low tech for a Betta, but this makes me feel like I ought to make more effort!

feel free to get inspired, nano tank like those are so easy to Rescape and maintain, glad I planted this one as it wasn’t planned first. ;)

I was wondering which floating plant you are using?
Don't think it is on your list? I will need to get one and some look really small and others a bit too big.

Oh and do you use the original filter foam that came with the filter? I have just got mine and its really coarse.
I know that some people upgrade the size of the foam but if the tank is small then this is difficult.

Thank you for your time!
Simon.

Back