• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

300ltr tank... Co2 newbie looking for advice

Adrian Jordan

I'm setting up a community tank, including plants, having kept Malawi Cichlids for 10 years now. It is proving exciting and challenging. Currently looking at Co2 for the plants. 300ltr tank, any suggestions?

Hi. I've got a 220 litre tank and went with the CO2art pro SE complete regulator set and now run a 5kg fire extinguisher on it

The extinguishers you can pick up from eBay or similar for about £20-25 (extinguishers which are out of date for commercial purposes but good enough for what we want). You could go with a 2kg extinguisher if the 5kg won't fit where you want it to go. Right now I'm getting about 60 days from the 2kg or what should be about 150 days from the 5kg (but I'm yet to test that as only just switched over to a larger bottle)

With the CO2art system you can either go with an inline or intank diffuser. Pro's and con's to both so have a read up on that but I've gone inline as I didn't want it in the tank

Here's a link to the set...

https://www.co2art.co.uk/products/p...arium-co2-system-with-new-inline-co2-diffuser

Fisher2007 - im considering a new CO2art Pro SE and attaching it to a 5kg FE. Bit of a dumb question, is it safe to assume that a UK FE will have the standard fitting (as required by Regulator)? just go a feeling i would buy one that had some other discharg nozzle fitted. And would an out of date FE get turned away if you presented it to be recharged?

All uk and eu co2 extinguishers have the same fitting as do pub gas bottles. If you have an out of date bottle you won't be able to get it refilled. It needs to be retested and it's not economic.
If you have a filler nearby they might also supply pub gas bottles, with a screw valve, you buy the bottle, or pay a deposit, and return it for refills until you reach the retest date, 5years on ( or it might be longer I can't remember)
Cheers

Back