• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

30 cube "working from home"

Dreadlockdog

Hi,

Here's my dry start scape since I started working from home at the end of March.

I originally found two nice pieces of wood ages ago while I walking the dog and thought they'd look good in my tank for future use. They have been soaked for 4 to 6 weeks and then stored in the garage.

Eventually I chose the smaller piece and ordered up the plants and soil from pro shrimp. Then set about scaping it up.

Setup
Ada 30 cube
Aquasky 301

Plants
Riccia fluitans
Eleocharis acicularis mini
Rotala Bonsai
Ludwigia arcuata
Hemianthus callitrichoides Cuba
Rotala rotundifolia

Tropica Plant Growth Substrate

e11cdd138815c229b9f9db359fd7806c.jpg
baa6c8d4206762fbbbbe5f4e5b16d077.jpg
7785dd2b4dd4d4548d9c1f7606961c88.jpg
cea5ec61407f9f75e75fcbd7b3af8eef.jpg
e80c073ab194ef2e60ae4640004e8234.jpg
485f11f71895dbed4ac647517ee8592e.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous :wideyed:

But are you planning to flood this tank?

If you really mean Tropica Growth Substrate
https://tropica.com/en/plant-care/substrate/
it needs to be capped for aquatic use

Obviously your plant cover will help, but I’d still expect clouding and (likely excessive) organics release into water column should you fold the tank

Gorgeous :wideyed:

But are you planning to flood this tank?

If you really mean Tropica Growth Substrate
https://tropica.com/en/plant-care/substrate/
it needs to be capped for aquatic use

Obviously your plant cover will help, but I’d still expect clouding and (likely excessive) organics release into water column should you fold the tank

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise it needed to be capped. I guess that's me not reading up enough!

Was going to flood soon but I'll wait a bit longer for the carpets to cover a bit more. It's not a problem, I can wait and then again once flooded before adding livestock.

Tried to superglue the ricca but it oxidised when setting and went white. Had to strip it out and currently going to try again but not too sure how to secure.

Would like to have CPDs but have very hard water in Chilterns. Also think the blue or yellow shrimps would look great against all the green.

Any other really small fish I should maybe look into?

Would like to have CPDs but have very hard water in Chilterns. Also think the blue or yellow shrimps would look great against all the green.

Any other really small fish I should maybe look into?

Endlers or guppies for sure and they are pretty, playful and active. It seems there are some killifish, some tetras and some gobies that like it too. Have a skim through the fish part of this article:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/FWSubWebIndex/fwhardness.htm

Or some hard water tolerant shrimps would be nice too, but I’ve no experience of shrimps.

So what’s the ETA of the CO2 so you can flood?

Wow never seen this jurnal somehow but amazing carpet now well done and i love the main peice of wood looks great.

Look brilliant when flooded.
Dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oh my, looks so good. I’d be so tempted to leave it as a terrarium and not flood at all.
Love it.

Looked like UG in the middle there for a while! Until noticed is was Riccia! lovely scape :)

I’d be so tempted to leave it as a terrarium and not flood at all.
Dito! but where is the fun in that! haha

Back