• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3 month advice please.

jasonjleach

Hi All, so I’m 3 months in, had diatoms, had stag horn, still got a bit of filament algae but all balanced. Plants doing ok. My question is really about keeping crypts and Cyprus looking good. I feel I need to reduce the density and height a bit. Lighting is still only 50% at peak but plants are good should I push it up a little? Thoughts please. Thanks

0BFADC91-A908-4ABE-98A4-5D332DE284C5.jpeg

Hi @jasonjleach,

Push it how? CO2, lights, nutrients? What are the tank parameters?

Fist thoughts, keep working on the CO2, not sure what point in the photoperiod this picture is, the DC is blue? Give the diffuser a bleach dip and keep hand removing the algae as often as possible. Discard all algae infected leaves, discard stem bottoms and replant tips etc.

Tank looks good at 3 months.

Cheers

Hi mate. The light is only in 50 % , tropics ferts daily., co2 checker light green. Maybe it’s time to up the light a bit.

Algae all under control .

It’s the trimming of crypts that I am unsure about. Any thoughts ? Thanks

Hi all,
still got a bit of filament algae but all balanced
The tank looks good, I'd be pretty happy with that.
It’s the trimming of crypts that I am unsure about. Any thoughts ?
Take off whole leaves from the base, the oldest leaves will be on the outside of the leaf rosette. Same technique for the Cyperus (& Echinodorus, Blyxa, Vallisneria etc)
Maybe it’s time to up the light a bit.
Give it a go and <"see what happens">. You can always drop it back down if you get leaf bleaching, or an <"outbreak" of green algae">.

cheers Darrel

Back