• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

3% H202 or Bleach for Bazooka Atomiser

Bertie

Hi,
It is tank maintenance day tomorrow and time to clean my 2 x Bazooka Atomizers. I have both 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and unscented Domestos Bleach.

What do you recommend for soaking the atomizers, and for how long?

I was hoping that between the co2 going off at 5pm and water change in the morning at 9am, I could soak them enough and rinse, to be sure they are clean.

Thanks

Hi hoggie,
I have it soaking now in 25% bleach and 75% water...will leave them soaking for about 3hrs and then rinse and soak overnight in some water with prime and hope that I have soaked them in bleach mixture long enough.

After bleaching.I used to connect mine to the garden hose to wash it out, putting a finger over where the co2 line enters the diffuser intermittently along with the open end of the diffuser. Or you could soak it in declorinator solution for an hr. Cheers Kirk.:)

I use a small fish specimen container and hang it on the tank, and pull the diffuser out while still hooked up and soak in "Tilex"(or similar in the UK), bleach at full strength will work fine.

Then after 10 minutes, I'll rinse the diffuser and pour the bleach etc down the drain.
Then I'll fill the container with enough water and add dechlorinator and run the CO2 gas through the diffuser for another 10 minutes.
Then return to service once there's no chlorine smell.

I do this during the water change since it takes 1/2 hour or so to do that and clean the filters etc.
So there's little down time or just do this when the lights are off etc.

Thanks plantbrain seems like a very good idea.

I think all they need is a tube and syringe connected and bleach pushed through with the syringe , do this a number of times , repeat with dechlorinator then a quick blast with water and hay presto done in no time :)

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Back