• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

2x39w or 4x39w

Nelson

hi,
i have the option of 2x39w or 4x39w over 215 litres.only one power lead so no midday burst.i know there's other factors involved(co2,ferts etc)but what would you recommend i use.
thanks
neil
ps.tanks 18" deep and lights are 4" above

Lots of light mean lots of everything else and also means there isn't a lot of margin for error.
But it depends what you trying to achieve and how much effort you want to put into the tank when it comes to maintenance/prunning/etc...
I run 144w over my 125 liter tank and it is quite challenging to get the balance right, but since I am running my tank as more a test at the moment than anything else I don't mind the odd burst of algae and learn how to deal with them 😉
But to keep things simple 2 tubes would be perhaps a safer bet 😉

Back