• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2nd of the Kew gardens scapes from the cancelled ADA seminar

bengill

Hi all!

I've made a start on setting up the second of the kew gardens scapes, created by Yusuke Homma, for the cancelled ADA seminar that was supposed to happen in May of 2020.

If you saw my first first post about this, you'll know the story, but for those who don't ill give a quick overview here.

ADA planned a seminar at Kew gardens for May 2020. A good friend of mine who worked at Kew at the time became the point of contact for Kew as he was an avid and talented scaper. All the equipment and scapes had been sent over to my friend prior to the event and were all set to go until the dreaded covid pandemic hit! The event was obviously cancelled and ADA generously told him to keep all the scapes and equipment.

Fast forward a few years and my friend decided it was time for him to move back home to France. This is when I asked if I could take the scapes and set them up at home myself. With the permission of ADA and Yusuke Homma this was made possible, which has led to these threads and eventual youtube videos (when I get round to editing them).

The second scape is this 90P. The wood used is branch wood and the stone is sansui stone.
Substrate is the standard ADA set up, power sand M with bacter 100, super clear and Tourmaline BC with amazonia V2 for planting.

Planting wise will be very stem and moss heavy with some portions of bolbitus inbetween the branches. Glosso carpet with patches of eleocharis and hydrocotyle.

20240901_151302.jpg20240312_104354.jpg
17252017264384718066384808225895.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask! I'll do my best to answer them!

Back