• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

240l Dutch, few issues!

Bert2oo1

Hey guys need some advice here,

I'll start with my setup.
1200x450x450
2x canisters
Pressurised co2
Cerges reactor
Soil substrate capped with Eco

Now my problem is ferts at the moment, plants are growing nice but not I'm seeing deficiency in my hygro compact and blue stricta. S repens lower leaves are starting to look abit yellow in spots. Hygro's have holes and rips.

My dosage is:
13.5g ca (calcium chloride)at water change
12.5g of Epsom salts at change.

2.2g kno3
0.5g kh2po4
3.8g of k2so4
4 times a week

Seachem iron 3 times per week (5ml)

Now all has been good but now my plants are pretty advanced I'm spotting these issues. All has been fine for 3 weeks. Little bit of GSA appeared this week aswell.

Do you think I'm under fertilising? My co2 is good, if I push it anymore the fish will gasp. I get 1.1-1.2 ph drop at the height of co2.

Tanks 3 months old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could try dosing a trace elements mix(micros) on the same day as the iron.
Seachem iron uses Ferrous Gluconate as the iron source. If you KH is on the high side it breaks down quickly so wont last in the water column long.

You could try dosing a trace elements mix(micros) on the same day as the iron.
Seachem iron uses Ferrous Gluconate as the iron source. If you KH is on the high side it breaks down quickly so wont last in the water column long.

Thanks for the reply, I stopped dosing trace a few months back after I had a toxicity problem. When I was dosing micros growth had stopped dead and leaves were twisting and curling etc

Why are you dosing Mg weekly ? Mg should really be dosed along with the other macro fertilisers every other day. EI dosing include Mg.

Your symptoms sound like Mg deficiency ? Mg deficiency, can look like Fe deficiency and lack of Mg can prevent uptake of micro nutrients.

To tell difference between Mg and Fe deficiency the yellow leaves (spots ?) quickly go away once Mg is dosed, as it is mobile in the plant, but yellowing does not go away when Fe is added.

Why are you dosing Mg weekly ? Mg should really be dosed along with the other macro fertilisers every other day. EI dosing include Mg.

Your symptoms sound like Mg deficiency ? Mg deficiency, can look like Fe deficiency and lack of Mg can prevent uptake of micro nutrients.

To tell difference between Mg and Fe deficiency the yellow leaves (spots ?) quickly go away once Mg is dosed, as it is mobile in the plant, but yellowing does not go away when Fe is added.

Oh really? I've just been adding it with the change. Maybe I'll spread it out over the week then. Might go abit harder with it too

Might have to get some chelated iron too as the seachem one tends to cloud my water if I dose more than 5ml.

Cheers for the advice

Back