• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

22 gal Mr.Aqua

Here's my tank

24690474065_3d40352f06_c.jpg

Great update :clap:

I'd been wondering how your tanks (& you) were doing :)

I read through your Glass Box Gardens thread start to finish but couldn't open any photos so hoping you'll post more of them on this thread as well ... perhaps just choose 10 -12 that show tank's progression (plus a few from the Big Change Day of 3 tanks into 1 - I always like these :wideyed: )

Roy, I turned off the pump when I added 1ml. of 3% H2O2 distributed along the edge of the substrate where the BGA was. Noticed bubbles rising from the treatment area and left pump off for a few hours. I believe the damage to the mosses and fern started to occur before this as you might see from my earlier pictures. The only thing I changed was more ferts, which I am now dispensing only iron every other day. Will be much more sparing after this and will do trim when my wife can help me. Alas, it was looking so nice. Oh well...

Hi all,
Had a small resurgence of BGA and treated with H2O2 this time. My fissidens and java moss is not looking good.
Sorry to hear that mate H202 is strong stuff. Carbo or excel work well on BGA and will not cause as much damage to the plants. Trim back the dead moss and replant from the living it will soon grow back
Definitely the H2O2. Mosses don't have a protective epidermis, so they are very prone to damage by strong oxidising agents like hydrogen peroxide.

My suggestion for BGA would be to syphon it out, and then possibly give your filter media and hoses a clean.

cheers Darrel

Definitely the H2O2. Mosses don't have a protective epidermis, so they are very prone to damage by strong oxidising agents like hydrogen peroxide.

My suggestion for BGA would be to syphon it out, and then possibly give your filter media and hoses a clean.
Thank you Darrel, I shall keep that in mind and keep the H2O2 in the closet!

Back