• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

200 Plants

zanguli-ya-zamba

Seedling
Hi members,
hope you're all doing good ?
I need a really important advice.
tonight i am receiving 200 plants from a french web site. As you know where i live it is impossible to find locally plants for aquascaping. so a friend and I decided to order on one part more than a hundred plants form his 900L tank, and on the other part we have take a lot of different pieces to put in our pond like that we can have a nice stock for what ever scape we want. And of course there is some plants for my two tanks at home. if you want you can visit my journal about our tropical pond .
Submerse and emerge plants in tropical pond | UK Aquatic Plant Society
So the problem is that my friend have lost a member of his family and have to travel tomorrow to europe for two weeks for this reason, and we are receiving all the plants tonight.
All the plants that we order are emerge form, so what should we do until he come back ?
should I take the pots and simply put them in the pond, (just the pot with the wool underwater and the leafs outside of the water) ?
they wont die all this time in the wool ? there is 20 pot of HC some lilaeopsis ect would they be ok for two weeks like that.
we have already grow with success HC, glosso, lilaeopsis, ludwigia arcuata, HM, rotalas ect... but it was with black sand substrate. We just don't want to lose 150 plants in the pond lol.
I just need an advice for keeping the plants alive and in good shape until he comeback.

hope that I will have your support and some good advices as usual on ukaps !!!!
I am also excited to received my plants because i will rescape my 90 L with a lots of cryps and add some staurogyne repens and staugoryne porto vehlo for my 260L yeaaah.

cheer guys
thanks for your time and sorry for the mistaks in my writing.

What temperature is your pond?

Also, is the large tank empty at the moment? If it is, and as these are emergent plants, it may be worth using the empty tank to hold the plants, keeping them moist and giving them light.

If you wanted to put them in your pond it would depend on if it gets enough light and things like this. As they're emergent I'm guessing they will start to grow immerse growth if they are underwater.

Hopefully Daryl or Ceg will be able to help out more!

Hi Steve,
thanks for answering mate !!!
the pond have like 26 C° and have direct sun for 4 hours per day. As i told we are already growing with success many plants in emerge form in this pond.
the tank is not empty there is water and some plants, all the set up is ready for planting (4 FX 5 with a huge spraybar, 2 x10 kg FE CO2 on two 1200 L pump (conected to the spraybar).
So it will be better in he pond, with the pots half in the water ?

cheers

It sounds like your pond might be the way to go :) You could potentially split the order between the pond and the set up tank, leaving the plants in their pots in the tank... That way, if one fails at least you still have some plants...

They arrived

uve7atuh.jpg

y9a9ezyg.jpg

That's a lot of plants :)
Sorry about your friends loss.

Yes that a a lot of plant. And they have put the name of the on only one plant of each species. So it was a nightmare to separate my order from the one of my friend.
I will rescape my 90 L tank today !
I am really sorry for him also :(

Cheers I will put a pic of the tank.

Hi guys
So yesterday I have put all the plants in the pond.
So for the crypts, the microsorums, the echinodorus, pogo, and the Anubias I have put them on top of rocks like that just the base of the pots are under water (3 cm).
For the HC, Glosso, lilaeopsis I have plant them in big pots just above the water, like we have done in the past for all the plants.
I think it will hang on till he come back.
I have taken pic but they are poor.
But I will go back there in two days to check if everything is ok. So I will take better pic. But if you wish I can put the pic I already have.

Cheers

Hi Steve how are you ?
On my first post I have put a link to the journal of the pond !
But if you want I can put the pic I took yesterday ???
We have a ludwigia arcuata in that pond that is growing like mad !! It s sending runners every where. Every week we need to trim and control it because it invading the pots around. Hahah I didn't knew that it growing that fast in emerge form.
Just let me know if you want the pic here, because in the journal it is picture from a month ago.

Cheers

ere4ameh.jpg

hu2abyhu.jpg

ezuhu4ep.jpg

I finally decide to plant all the glosso the HC and all the lilaeopsis !!!

yneba6a4.jpg

All the leaves you see in the general pictures are all crypts and Microsorum. There is some echinodorus.

Cheers

Back