• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2 x filters ... 2 x diffusers?

Some just use one diffuser even with 2 filters, I guess it all depends on if you get enough CO2 in your tank and spread all around.
Thats an interesting one and one I have thought about myself, I suppose with having 2 filters the CO2 would get around the tank more efficient anyway if one inline to one filter was used.

youll get better spread with two on two but youll need a decent co2 splitter as they need to be really accurate to put out consistant co2.

I was thinking about it for my 120 but Ive gone with two outlets, one with an aquamedic reactor on and the other without.

This is how you do it properly with two sets of equipment in a big tank. Some people even have two CO2 tanks, so as to really duplicate everything. Remember two drop checkers, one in each half of the tank will be helpful as well.
BigTank2_zps6282955e.jpg

youll get better spread with two on two but youll need a decent co2 splitter as they need to be really accurate to put out consistant co2.

I was thinking about it for my 120 but Ive gone with two outlets, one with an aquamedic reactor on and the other without.

It's for my new 120 aswell and although I have access to 2 FE's, I have one full 5kg to start this tank as I have to get the other FE's refilled and will be handier to have spares for when I run out as it would be harder to change both at the same time considering my refiller is 70 odd miles away. I would have thought that Co2 coming from one outlet would be carried into the flow anyway.

I had this scenario with my 250 tank .. 4ft long .. I ended up with a wavemaker.. I bought the fluval cp4 way too big, then I tried the cp3 still too big, cp2 spot on nice sway on the plants and the tank is much healthier.. I placed it just sort of at the side of the co2 outlet pushing it along . It just reaches the other side of the tank then the second outlet pushes it back round.. Just like a whirlpool effect in slow motion..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back