• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2 things to identify.

Deano3

Any idea what the pictures are sorry about dirty hands just finished work and was on top leaves first one is a small worm looking thing and 2nd one is in glass, had them on rocks a while ago and just cleaned off.

How do i deal woth them or are then not important.

Dean
bebbe42f2d16c0c0994e7f06eacc09c5.jpg
aef5ad01b1974a08eaf980b93e7dbb54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Second is Hydra, Panacur will kill it
Just googles is panacur for cats etc and is it cheap anywere ? If i remove with tooth brush will it stay away and do i dose whole tank or spot dose

Thanks paulo

Panacur is dewormer for cats/dogs, buy some cheap pills crush one and dose, all gone in 24 hours

Difficult to get rid of it otherwise
crazy hobby thanks for that will 1 pill be ok crushed up to treat tank and will everything else be ok

crazy hobby thanks for that will 1 pill be ok crushed up to treat tank and will everything else be ok

Never had issues in the past, after 24 hours water change, look around the tank and repeat if necessary!
First time I got panacur was before I had my dogs and went to the vet asking for panacur for my fish tank and she looked at me very puzzled!!

i can imagine the vet Will this ebay item do

Dean

Panacur does apparently kill snails to, so if you have nerites bear that in mind. I’ve had hydra before (why do I always want to say “Hail Hydra” whenever I type that!) and couldn’t use Panacur because of that. I used Excel to spot dose them instead, kills them almost instantly, and they soon disappeared for good.

Panacur does apparently kill snails to
All my shrimp tanks have snails and never seem to kill the snails (trumpets, Ramshorn, and little pest ones). Guess it might depend on the dosage!

Panacur does apparently kill snails to, so if you have nerites bear that in mind. I’ve had hydra before (why do I always want to say “Hail Hydra” whenever I type that!) and couldn’t use Panacur because of that. I used Excel to spot dose them instead, kills them almost instantly, and they soon disappeared for good.
I dont have snails none i want anyway just pest ones what all of a sudden seem tk have disappeared to be honest just in filter.

Hi all,
Second is Hydra, Panacur will kill it
The first one is either a leech or a planaria, you can tell by the way they move, planaria glide and leeches loop. If it they are planaria, "Panacur" (Fenbendazole) will kill them, as well as Hydra.
what all of a sudden seem tk have disappeared to be honest just in filter.
Might be a leech then, a lot of them are snail eating.

cheers Darrel

All my shrimp tanks have snails and never seem to kill the snails (trumpets, Ramshorn, and little pest ones). Guess it might depend on the dosage!

It probably depends on the snail - from what I’ve read Nerites and Apple snails are most at risk, Ramshorns etc don’t appear to be as affected.

I’ve no personal experience of using it, I just didn’t want to risk it at the time.

You can pull the snails out and rehouse them for a period, but I’ve no idea how long the Panacur remains a risk to them.

I’ve no personal experience of using it, I just didn’t want to risk it at the time.
Better be safe than sorry, never had Nerites, can't vouch for those ;)

Hi all,

The first one is either a leech or a planaria, you can tell by the way they move, planaria glide and leeches loop. If it they are planaria, "Panacur" (Fenbendazole) will kill them, as well as Hydra.

Might be a leech then, a lot of them are snail eating.

cheers Darrel
i dont like the sound of that, it did keep curling etc and i also found one in the filter hoe do i get rid of them as dont want these in my tank. I think i will spot dose the hydra tomorro then if anymore order some panacur

Dean

Hi all,

They are /www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/leach.61367/']very difficult to get rid of[/URL]">. I've learned to live with them.

cheers Darrel
How would they have got into tank ? Hopefully theu dont breed prolifically and get much bigger .

Dean

I've had gourami's and platies eat hydra back in the day... I used to get plants from local bodies of water and put them in my tank regularly to see if they'd grow. Had quite a few 'guests' that way. Fish took care of most of them. I was 11, dont judge please :p Removed/squished more then one leech too :)

Back